Can dinos stress fish?

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldnt find a clear answer. My tank is riddled with dinos and I'm currently working on removing them. Can dinos cause fish to eat less, swim less, and overall look lethargic?

I took my clowns out to bring to my lfs, they offer free qt and hospital tanks so they are currently working on my little dudes and they are more active there than home.

The tank is 5 months old, they have been in it for 3 months and they along with a goby and cuc are all that's in the tank. They used to be exploratory and would eat out of my hands.

Plus my tanks water params are otherwise perfect besides the low nutrients. The inverts are thriving.

16606887028232276242595615904128.jpg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
could we get closer pictures of the sand/rock/glass? just to confirm it is dino’s

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are pretty hardy (captive bred ocellaris / orchid dottyback) so I can't say for sure, but they didn't die from it. All my corals and a few inverts and anemones did perish from it though.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are pretty hardy (captive bred ocellaris / orchid dottyback) so I can't say for sure, but they didn't die from it. All my corals and a few inverts and anemones did perish from it though.
Mine are captive too, but i just couldn't stand to watch them seem to suffer. Glad my lfs offered that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back