Can I be the bad guy?

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y u no qurintine thts y 1/2 only live, you fauLt how big ur tank?

HAHA!
And yet you on another thread telling someone it ain't ok to QT a hippo tang because its unnatural and worse than putting it in a DT. pot callin the kettle black

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny story, my wife is Chinese and her English isn’t bad but not perfect when she speaks. However, her texts and emails are flawless. I used to scratch my head sometimes.
Its so much worse the other way around lol.

Decided speaking french and welsh(if my name didn’t give it away i am welsh lol) wasnt enough of a challenge and attempted to teach myself Vietnamese with a computer program.
2 years of a computer saying i am saying things correctly to attempt to have a conversation with an actual person, went as well as you would imagine. Probably the most useless $179 ive ever spent was trying to learn a tonal language via a computer.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
omg you guys hijackin this thread too

notice the grammar scott

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its so much worse the other way around lol.

Decided speaking french and welsh(if my name didn’t give it away i am welsh lol) wasnt enough of a challenge and attempted to teach myself Vietnamese with a computer program.
2 years of a computer saying i am saying things correctly to attempt to have a conversation with an actual person, went as well as you would imagine. Probably the most useless $179 ive ever spent was trying to learn a tonal language via a computer.
I studied Spanish and never picked it up. Studied German in high school and tried so hard to pick it up. Went to Germany and I failed to speak anything. I moved to Hong Kong 7 years ago and made it my goal to learn Cantonese. I learned it after a few years and much frustration. Immersion is key for learning a language. Gotta throw yourself out there. It’s like watching people ride a bike on YouTube. You need to grab a bike and ride it yourself to learn. Poor analogy, sorry.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woman, I only got enough room for one psycho lady in my life and she's at home. You ain't worth my time
I’m not that pedantic and ain’t is totally cool. And it doesn’t matter what I think. Carry on. Enjoy yourselves everyone. I’m not one to call people out personally. Misspelled words, poor grammar, whatever. I don’t care. Just type and if we can’t understand, so be it.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not that pedantic and ain’t is totally cool. And it doesn’t matter what I think. Carry on. Enjoy yourselves everyone. I’m not one to call people out personally. Misspelled words, poor grammar, whatever. I don’t care. Just type and if we can’t understand, so be it.
i was not refering to ain't didn't even see was refer to my post omg hijackin etc cooling the battle of words

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grammatically speaking, using words with all capital letters is against the rules. Capital letters are used in the folowing circumstances;

1. In the names of people, places, or related words. Use a capital letter when you are writing the names of people, places, and words relating to them:
  2. At the beginning of a sentence. Use a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence: ...
  3. In the titles of books, films, organizations, etc. ...
  4. In abbreviations.
Thanks for playing.

Also, if @ScottR is being the bad boy does being a grammar fiend make you the bad girl? :p;Hilarious:p

You forget the Internet rules there a word in capital letters means that the sender is angry and shout it out. To type PLEASE is for me the highest levels of humour :D:D SINCERELY Lasse :D

To be fair though, it's an international forum. English isn't a lot of people's first language, and there's a lot of variations from Americanized English to proper English. The debate on a lot of these could be very dependant on where you are.
Do not forget swenglish

It amazes me also and makes me realize how much effort most foreigners must have to put in to speak and write in English. If native born people have a hard time, just imagine someone learning it at age 30-40.

We also have a ton of words that have the same spelling and sound but mean different things depending on context. This must be especially confusing.

Eg. Mine
He found it first but it's mine.
He found some gold in the mine.
The ship hit a mine and was blown up.

LOL I remeber trying to teach my young son the difference between a computer Mouse and a real Mouse. He kept calling the mouse a Rat and looked so confused when I told him it was a mouse.
Is that problematic ? - you should try to learn swedish :D- especially in Gothenburg. If not a word have at least quadruple meanings - we will create it:D

Sometimes it is very hard to handle english if you are a swede because we often put words together and give it another meaning compared with if the words was separated or the other way round.
Nurse in proper Swedish will be sjuksköterska but if we write sjuk sköterska - every swede understand that we mean a sick nurse because sköterska is known aberration of sjuksköterska :D And it will be much more if you try to use some other words together with sjuksköterska. If I write brunhårig sjuksköterska - every swede understand that I mean a nurse with brown hair. If I write brun hårig sjuk sköterska - every swede will read that as a hairy sick nurse that is brown :p

And this is only a few examples......

Sincerely (without capitals) Lasse

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We could put favorite quotes here . I read a lot of “hole” instead of “whole” today!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We could put favorite quotes here . I read a lot of “hole” instead of “whole” today!
"lookin for love in all the wrong places" :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back