Can I coordinate a power head with my DoS?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible for me to couple the actions of a power head on my EB8 to the ON cycle of my DoS? I would like a power head to turn on 5 seconds before my DoS dispenses a solution, remain on for 5 seconds after the DoS is finished dispensing, and then turn off until 5 seconds before the next time that DoS head is scheduled to dispense.

Thank you.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have the solution go to the return chamber ?

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system isn’t a standard setup. There isn’t a return chamber.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if you know the exact time you have the DOS set to dose, you can have the powerhead turn on and off based on time of the day. Most people have their DOS set to dose all day long though. I don't think there are any Apex DOS commands based on dosing times though.....but I am not an Apex expert :)

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping there was a command that relies on the current state of the DoS. Looks like there isn’t. I’ll find another way to get around the issue.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to do that with a combination of DEFER and OSC commands. I would probably use the pump to initiate the sequence, though I might allow it to run longer than 5 seconds to establish some current.

Turn pump outlet on using If Time = command.
Call profile with OSC set up to control pump run time.
Use Defer command to delay AFS timing to allow pump to run first. Note that the AFS takes several seconds from when the feed is initiated until the food actually drops.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do this with more complex configuration using profiles for the dosing and an OSC statement in a virtual outlet. This is really outside of the realm of all but the most advanced user.

The other option is to simply dose using profiles and specific times of the day and then running your pump before that.

That said, I think there is definitely some use cases where knowing if the DOS is “dosing” could come in handy.

Only just recently did @RussM explain to me that the DOS is not “ON” when is dosing according to a schedule and set to “AUTO”

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back