Can I cut Trident waste line?

iReefer12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
877
Location
Boulder, CO
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, what is the reason for not being able to cut the waste line down? I get why you can’t cut the sample line, but the waste line should not really matter right?

Anyone done this and it been okay? Anyone know why I should not?
 
perhaps the back pressure of the line is important.

In theory this shouldn't matter, as the waste line is only for purging the sample reservoir, and putting the waste line into a deep container would give you a bit of backpressure as well. Calibration _should_ zero out any feed rate differences, but who knows.

I've been tempted to tee the Trident line into my AWC waste line. I already feed from my secondary sump closed loop which is under pressure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new