Can I get some ID help?

ChefReeferThomas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
93
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
649DA02B-7598-4C79-AF79-F62B0CE7CFDE.jpeg


Started noticing these little hair lookin guys in spots on my rock, wondering what they could be? Hydroids maybe?
 
White light pic may help
 
New system? most hyroids die after a system matures. But, hang around dirty tanks.

Edit: I usually manually remove them, or hire a dwarf angelfish to help. Depends on what corals you got if any.
 
New system? most hyroids die after a system matures. But, hang around dirty tanks.

Edit: I usually manually remove them, or hire a dwarf angelfish to help. Depends on what corals you got if any.
Yeah, it’s a new system. Had to change tanks due to a leak but all the old rock, substrate and extra filtration media is all from the older cycled tank. Water volume did increase so maybe there’s something there but Params are all in check. I’ll monitor to watch as they die off but it seems to have exploded.

only 2 hermits in the tank, and a brand new 1.25” pocillopora frag I got 2 days ago. Other than that, nothing else. The Little coral is still adjusting, so I haven’t dipped yet but plan on doing so tonight.

call me insane but no I didn’t qt, I’m not super worried since there’s nothing else in the tank. So whatever issues arise there’s very little obstacle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new