Can I revive a bubble coral?

wj74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, been reading this site for a while - 9 months in on a marine tank after about 20 with a freshwater. I have many questions but for now I’m worried about my expensive bubble coral. It was beautiful however when we were away on vacation last week (we had house sitters for the dog and fish) my goby/shrimp decided to move locations and buried the coral. I had to dig around to find it. Anyway I think it was buried for a number of days and now it’s just a skeleton but some green still in there. Any hope getting this back or do I need a new one? Pic attached I think. Also this pink one was knocked over, it used to have long tentacles but since looks like the pic. Any advice would be great thanks! And yes, having a bit of an algae outbreak but it’s getting better.

IMG_0967.jpeg IMG_0968.jpeg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleogyra is dead, you can try leaving the skeleton in the tank to see if any tissue regrows though I've really only seen that kind of recovery on hammers.

OP
OP
W

wj74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks - that’s what I was afraid of. Too bad - it was spectacular! Say just another quick question - I have that green grass ish coral too, it’s grown a lot and has fingers stretching off the rock horizontally. Do I clip this and glue it to the rock?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks - that’s what I was afraid of. Too bad - it was spectacular! Say just another quick question - I have that green grass ish coral too, it’s grown a lot and has fingers stretching off the rock horizontally. Do I clip this and glue it to the rock?
Photo? Can't give an ID without a pic

OP
OP
W

wj74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo? Can't give an ID without a pic
Sorry I’ll have to send tmr morning - my light is on a timer and went to night mode, the coral is retracted. I think you can see the outcrops I’m talking about here tho:

Attachments

• IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
W

wj74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The branching one or the encrusting one?
This green one here - I thought it would follow the contour of the rock but it’s growing horizontally- just wondering if I let it go, clip it and glue elsewhere or just bend it and glue. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 25

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This green one here - I thought it would follow the contour of the rock but it’s growing horizontally- just wondering if I let it go, clip it and glue elsewhere or just bend it and glue. Thanks!
Do whatever you want, just fine growing like that however if you want to trim it you can. That is GSP, almost impossible to kill and grows quite quickly, you can do whatever is best in your situation

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Other.

Back