Can my Apex do this, on/off outlet by the second

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with ATO on my large 1100 gallon Display system and want to go a new route. What I am looking for is a way to just turn on a pump. Most likely a MJ1200 that is in a RODI holding tank. I want to be able to set it up t run maybe a couple times a day for 30-90 seconds. I think that with just a little bit of trial and error I will be able to find a sweat spot that will keep the tank stable. So I either need some sort of digital timer or wondering if an outlet on the apex can be programmed to do this.

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with ATO on my large 1100 gallon Display system and want to go a new route. What I am looking for is a way to just turn on a pump. Most likely a MJ1200 that is in a RODI holding tank. I want to be able to set it up t run maybe a couple times a day for 30-90 seconds. I think that with just a little bit of trial and error I will be able to find a sweat spot that will keep the tank stable. So I either need some sort of digital timer or wondering if an outlet on the apex can be programmed to do this.
What ATO are you running now?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to go that route with a pump supplying the RODI for ATO, I would recommend a couple float switches for control and safety. It will also be a lot more accurate.

If you want basic basic, I recommend a 5gal(or bigger) bucket and a gravity fed mechanical float valve.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ATO are you running now?
I have the JBJ ATO. Te problem I am having is that I one have a large sump I am using a 150 Gallon Rubermaid stock tank. For different reason the level in the sup doesn't stay consistent so the float switches just don't seam to be a good method

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the issue right now comes from an algae problem that randomly slows the overflow and lowers the sump. I have a lot of room in the display and sump for varying water levels so it does not create a problem but makes float switches activate at the wrong times.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the issue right now comes from an algae problem that randomly slows the overflow and lowers the sump. I have a lot of room in the display and sump for varying water levels so it does not create a problem but makes float switches activate at the wrong times.
I would sort this issue first.

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JBJ ATO. Te problem I am having is that I one have a large sump I am using a 150 Gallon Rubermaid stock tank. For different reason the level in the sup doesn't stay consistent so the float switches just don't seam to be a good method
Can you put the float in a large verticle PVC pipe, say like 4 inch diameter, so waves/ripples don’t effect the water height?

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to go that route with a pump supplying the RODI for ATO, I would recommend a couple float switches for control and safety. It will also be a lot more accurate.

If you want basic basic, I recommend a 5gal(or bigger) bucket and a gravity fed mechanical float valve.
Gravity is not really an option for me with this large system I am evaporating 3-5 gallons a day.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back