Can Radions be reset without a usb cord?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Radion xr30 pros that I no longer have the usb cord for. I'd like to hook them up to my reeflink to join my other two xr30s that are on it. This pair was connected to my wxm module that I no longer want to use.

Is there a way to reset them without the usb? The 2/4 lights on my 180 now are attempting to connect to the wxm and acting strangely. Corals transferred so I'd really like these to link up ASAP.
Thanks

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so... but I’m not certain.

Syncing to the reeflink and verifying you are the owner take place over USB. It’s a standard USB cord you might have one laying around from something else.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so... but I’m not certain.

Syncing to the reeflink and verifying you are the owner take place over USB. It’s a standard USB cord you might have one laying around from something else.
Just checked the operation book no you need a USB cord

So I found a usb that fits. I've plugged it into my laptop with the manager opened and signed in......and nothing. When I click on the manager tab is has a check for connected to ecosmartlive but has an x and says radion disconnected. Maybe this usb isn't compatible? With the unit unplugged from power but plugged into laptop via usb - I see the power, up and down arrows light when plugged in.

Am I missing a step?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had initially connected one if my radions to WXM and had to do a factory reset via usb to get it into reeflink. Assume you are using chrome as browser?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had initially connected one if my radions to WXM and had to do a factory reset via usb to get it into reeflink. Assume you are using chrome as browser?
Yes I was using chrome browser.

Now when you say you had to do a factory reset via usb, was that on ecosmartlive? And if so, did you connect your usb to the reef link or directly to your laptop? Power on or off when using usb cable?

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that last night. A reefer buddy is going to let me borrow an actual radion usb to rule that out.

I'm wondering if I need to disconnect them from wxm ( or atleast unplug that module) while trying to connect using the usb

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone experience issues with lights not havimg the same spectrum after calibration?
It's odd I bought both sets used. The sets individually are identical spectrum but not similar to the other set. One pair is nice and rich, the other seems washed out with blue being stronger.

I've also noticed one set runs through calibration in a different order of color and questions.

The set that looks right starts with blue and moves forward with every light starting on and dimming down

The blued out set starts with white. From there some colors start off and I habe to answer "No" until they ramp up and turn on.

Another thing I've noticed with the blue set is the diodes slowly dim to off. By that i mean about 10 seconds from clicking the button to going off completley.

Anyoneexperience this before? Having an sps dominant reef I'm a little worried I'm going to get different results throughout the tank.

Is there a way to cheat the calibration to match colors? For example:
Blue is too bright. So I click that the lights turned off a click or two after it actually did?

Back