can rally pro with others meds?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had a trigger show up with a few specks and small white blouches on his fins yesturday and they are still there this morning. i seen him nipping at my atlantic star a few days ago. clearly he took a few bits of him.. did this not agree with him? causeing him to break out maybe. # upsettummy .hahahaha

he has been in my fowler with many other fish for many many months with no signs of anything on any other fish.. i have rally pro. i prefer natural meds if possible..

i have my qt tank ramping up in the event the rally dont help. 220g fowler is my tank size and would prefer to treat the whole tank thats way easier than trying to catch him.

i have some other meds and was wonder what you fine people have mixed with rally pro.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i have had a trigger show up with a few speacks and small why blouches on his fins yesturday and they are still there this moring. i seen him nipping at my atlantic star a few days ago. clearly he took a few bits of him.. did this not agree with him? cuaseing him to break out maybe. #upset tummy .hahahah

he has been in my fowler with many other fish for many many months with no signs of anything on any other fish.. i have rally pro. i prefer natural meds if possible.. and some other meds and was wonder what you fine people mixed with rally pro if anything.. 220g fowler is my tank.
The answer is yes and I have done this more than once and just introduced 2 new tangs last night and rally is in my tank as we speak

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is yes and I have done this more than once and just introduced 2 new tangs last night and rally is in my tank as we speak
what were the names of the meds that you mixed with rally

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the standard is not to mix meds unless absolutely necessary. Rally is already a mixture of (If I remember correctly - acriflavine and formaldehye). On their website - they recommend the use of 'kick ich' in combination - so that would be one option. I would point out the directions on the website state: "Safe for all fish (including scaleless), plants, corals and invertebrates. WILL NOT AFFECT BIOFILTRATION. Safe when used together, but not recommended for use with other treatments, chemicals or drugs."

Unless you know what you're treating I would not mix medications. any further than recommended by the product itself. Do you happen to have a picture of the fish? You may not need any medications at all? Hope this helps

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is some pics. you can see the white blotches on the tail fin and the white speckson his side. what ever it is it is just starting
Screenshot_20230308_123117_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230308_123317_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230308_123403_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back