Illness advice and diagnoses help

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I FINALLY caught all the fish and they are officially in a quarantine tank. Display is left with my coral and inverts. Including a cleaner shrimp. How long should my display be empty? Can I speed this process up at all?

What meds should I treat for the quarantine? I was soaking metroplex with focus and garlic and the food of course.
For a fishless purging of a tank, I advise folks to go 60 days. You might get away with as short as 45 days if the tank temperature is higher than 81, but some corals won’t tolerate that.

Please don’t soak food with metro and focus unless you calculate the dose properly:

Jay

OP
OP
megtrax17

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a fishless purging of a tank, I advise folks to go 60 days. You might get away with as short as 45 days if the tank temperature is higher than 81, but some corals won’t tolerate that.

Please don’t soak food with metro and focus unless you calculate the dose properly:

Jay
Thank you so much for the advice and info on metro. I really appreciate it. I’ll go 60 days to be safe and quarantine all new fish for now on. Your advice probably saved my fish so thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back