OP
OP
K

KillicK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high from the water are you hanging your quanta lights? I’m just trying to get a 3 foot by 3 foot cube lit with mix reef tank. I’ll try out quanta lights in a few weeks and let you know! I have one a360x kessil and will order 2 quanta pro Messo blues. Is the OG pop worth it at all?

OP
OP
K

KillicK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 4 year tank
Reef Brite here, 4 years going strong and will use again on new tank. All depends what are your intentions with the bars (supplement coverage, main light, color pop) etc. and higher PAR is not = to better performance. And here I'm not talking about par meters or spectrometers testing, I'm talking about coral grow and color. Just my opinion, but they all work (the bars discussed here).

Top Shot.jpg
your tank has so much pop and looks amazing!!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Brite here, 4 years going strong and will use again on new tank. All depends what are your intentions with the bars (supplement coverage, main light, color pop) etc. and higher PAR is not = to better performance. And here I'm not talking about par meters or spectrometers testing, I'm talking about coral grow and color. Just my opinion, but they all work (the bars discussed here).

Top Shot.jpg
Previous post was for you, but I'll ask again. Are those a bunch of radion x30 or hydra 64 down the middle? Bars are for supplemental light? 6 or 8 fixtures down the center?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previous post was for you, but I'll ask again. Are those a bunch of radion x30 or hydra 64 down the middle? Bars are for supplemental light? 6 or 8 fixtures down the center?

Hello,

Tank have now 4 radions xr30W G4 Pro, I used to have xr15W, then upgraded to 2 xr30W and finally got 4 XR30W. I dint start with all 4 in one shot, now I can tell you that when I went from two to three the acros really started to take off. Four for a 48" long tank is overkill some will say and I agree, but I prefer overall light distribution than huge hot spots due to increased intensity. This was I can keep a similar PAR all around with minimal hot spot in one spot.

Im in the process of upgrading tanks, new tank is 71" long and still will used the same four XR30W. now will have reefbrites in between front to back. Tanks is 30" wide so this iwll help a lot with overall coverage. Still a work in progress but at the end will have 5 - 6 reef brites in between the radions.

reef.jpg

Lividfanatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high from the water are you hanging your quanta lights? I’m just trying to get a 3 foot by 3 foot cube lit with mix reef tank. I’ll try out quanta lights in a few weeks and let you know! I have one a360x kessil and will order 2 quanta pro Messo blues. Is the OG pop worth it at all?
Right now mine are at about 10". I think Luca (the creator of quanta lights) has said to start with a mounting height of 8" (same as the radions) and adjust from there. Once I get my hands on a par meter, ill do some testing and decide where I, personally, will want to place mine.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Tank have now 4 radions xr30W G4 Pro, I used to have xr15W, then upgraded to 2 xr30W and finally got 4 XR30W. I dint start with all 4 in one shot, now I can tell you that when I went from two to three the acros really started to take off. Four for a 48" long tank is overkill some will say and I agree, but I prefer overall light distribution than huge hot spots due to increased intensity. This was I can keep a similar PAR all around with minimal hot spot in one spot.

Im in the process of upgrading tanks, new tank is 71" long and still will used the same four XR30W. now will have reefbrites in between front to back. Tanks is 30" wide so this iwll help a lot with overall coverage. Still a work in progress but at the end will have 5 - 6 reef brites in between the radions.

reef.jpg
I understand. Mine is 96x36x24. I used the main lights I did due to the cost compared to accomplishing the same par and even spread with the radions.
4 mirage x200 =1500.00ish
8 xr30 = 7600.00ish.

I have 300 par across the entire bottom running the lights at 35% per channel.

My only goal for adding bars is to have a white daylight period.
I also prefer the full coverage vs spotlight.

Attachments

• 20220131_141657.jpg
    20220131_141657.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 36

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. Mine is 96x36x24. I used the main lights I did due to the cost compared to accomplishing the same par and even spread with the radions.
4 mirage x200 =1500.00ish
8 xr30 = 7600.00ish.

I have 300 par across the entire bottom running the lights at 35% per channel.

My only goal for adding bars is to have a white daylight period.
I also prefer the full coverage vs spotlight.

Once I kind of get over the “tank too young to have sps thrive” stuff going on, I’m going to add an Orphek day plus bar down the center of my two reef breeders units to add more daylight. I just can’t get with the heavy blue look. This will also help beef up coverage on the very ends

F0885804-FAB2-4943-B344-CD148A5B2C58.jpeg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I kind of get over the “tank too young to have sps thrive” stuff going on, I’m going to add an Orphek day plus bar down the center of my two reef breeders units to add more daylight. I just can’t get with the heavy blue look. This will also help beef up coverage on the very ends

F0885804-FAB2-4943-B344-CD148A5B2C58.jpeg
I can handle heavy blue for the evening and early morning, but I also enjoy seeing the display under daylight. I started in reefs back in 1988. The daylight look of mh is just what I grew up using and I like the look of for at least 4 hrs a day.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the video but wanted more of the view point from buyers. The creator of the video is the person who started quanta correct? Having more data from quanta customers would help!

I have no clue if he is affiliated with quanta. There is another person on youtube I saw who has them too

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back