Can you get Humble.fish on BRStv for quarantine best practices?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They really should because he knows his fish disease!

wmchaseb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be a great video. Could also possibly get more people into qting their fish.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mind blown.jpg

What a concept! Absolutely has to happen.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His website is a fantastic resource! I can't promise exactly when we'll get a proper QT video series put together, but it will happen. We're in the process of significantly improving our fish medication offerings on the website, which will coincide with a QT series. Ultimately, I'd like to see us offer QT packages that include all of the necessary meds and tools for setting up a proper QT system, then show the community how to properly use those meds/tools.

OP
OP
Alexpora Corals

Alexpora Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His website is a fantastic resource! I can't promise exactly when we'll get a proper QT video series put together, but it will happen. We're in the process of significantly improving our fish medication offerings on the website, which will coincide with a QT series. Ultimately, I'd like to see us offer QT packages that include all of the necessary meds and tools for setting up a proper QT system, then show the community how to properly use those meds/tools.

Package must haves:
CopperPower
Hanna Copper Test Kit
PratziPro
API'S GeneralCure
API'S FURAN-2
A pair of, 5, 10 or 20 gallon glass aquariums
PVC Elbow Pipes (for clean sterile fish houses)
Plastic Strainers (to strain, Transfer fish)
Backback Filter
Sponge Filter Media
Bioballs
Heater
Powerhead

Last edited:

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get how they do qt videos and dodge mentioning humblefish. This newest video they go on to say how they wish there was a place they could find all the info on the meds and treating fish...... Hmm...... Oddly enough half the stuff mentioned was pretty much word for word from a thread that's been going on over on the humblefish forum, not to mention humblefish lays out all known diseases and treatments based on symptoms in easy to read and treat form. Does BRS have issues with his proven track record or him personally. I couldn't believe the newest video. Kinda lost a bit of respect after watching it knowing they well know of humblefish.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can watch a video on it now. Just search for:
How To Quarantine Saltwater Aquarium Fish with Humblefish and Aaron Gray

Excellent interview and video. Couldn’t get enough and learned a few new things in this new venture fir myself after not qting livestock. I’ve lost way to many after being lucky and one apple does ruin the bunch. I’m interested in that peroxide stage and been qting with prazipro, gen cure, emc, and have not used copper power as of yet because I didn’t feel confident in using it, although I have the Hanna tester abd all. Been soaking food in vita chem, solecon, & garlic extreme every other day. @Humblefish dobyou think what I’m doing is sufficient? I’m also going to setup a 50g lowboy for coral qt?

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get how they do qt videos and dodge mentioning humblefish. This newest video they go on to say how they wish there was a place they could find all the info on the meds and treating fish...... Hmm...... Oddly enough half the stuff mentioned was pretty much word for word from a thread that's been going on over on the humblefish forum, not to mention humblefish lays out all known diseases and treatments based on symptoms in easy to read and treat form. Does BRS have issues with his proven track record or him personally. I couldn't believe the newest video. Kinda lost a bit of respect after watching it knowing they well know of humblefish.

@Humblefish is absolutely a valuable resource on this topic and we've adopted a lot of his insights and knowledge over the years....Specifically the Ich Management vs. Ich Eradication conversation which has been adopted completely by Ryan, so much so that we mention it every time this conversation arises. (We've made complete episodes on that conversation and also referenced in yesterday's stream.)

I assure you we don't intentionally avoid bringing him in for discussion, it just so happened that Ryan and I decided to talk about this topic the morning of the livestream which doesn't allow for much coordination to bring on guests. Along with that, this is one of those topics where Ryan and I are not subject matter experts and speaking for myself....open and honest I have not personally read through the vast amounts of information that currently exist on the topic. My lack of education is in no way intentional or malicious by any means, it's simply a lack of education.

As we live in a world of spreading information in digestible video format, when Ryan and I mention the desire to have a "resource" for QT/Medication/disease treatment, it comes from a place of using that medium to inform the masses. My personal dream would be to have all of the extensive work from HumbleFish and others in a video series to make it more available to reefers/hobbists worldwide.

Logistically, an undertaking of that caliber by BRStv requires numerous amounts of resources and effort that needs planning, budgeting and prioritizing beyond what we are capable of focusing on at the current moment. That doesn't mean it will never happen from BRS, but that also means we can't make it happen immediately in the near future either.

Herein lies a massive opportunity for a highly motivated hobbyist (who likes to be on camera ;) ) to undertake a project of this magnitude. If someone were ever to put forth the time/effort to make that come to fruition I guarantee you we would scream their praises from the mountain tops and reference it whenever applicable.

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish is absolutely a valuable resource on this topic and we've adopted a lot of his insights and knowledge over the years....Specifically the Ich Management vs. Ich Eradication conversation which has been adopted completely by Ryan, so much so that we mention it every time this conversation arises. (We've made complete episodes on that conversation and also referenced in yesterday's stream.)

I assure you we don't intentionally avoid bringing him in for discussion, it just so happened that Ryan and I decided to talk about this topic the morning of the livestream which doesn't allow for much coordination to bring on guests. Along with that, this is one of those topics where Ryan and I are not subject matter experts and speaking for myself....open and honest I have not personally read through the vast amounts of information that currently exist on the topic. My lack of education is in no way intentional or malicious by any means, it's simply a lack of education.

As we live in a world of spreading information in digestible video format, when Ryan and I mention the desire to have a "resource" for QT/Medication/disease treatment, it comes from a place of using that medium to inform the masses. My personal dream would be to have all of the extensive work from HumbleFish and others in a video series to make it more available to reefers/hobbists worldwide.

Logistically, an undertaking of that caliber by BRStv requires numerous amounts of resources and effort that needs planning, budgeting and prioritizing beyond what we are capable of focusing on at the current moment. That doesn't mean it will never happen from BRS, but that also means we can't make it happen immediately in the near future either.

Herein lies a massive opportunity for a highly motivated hobbyist (who likes to be on camera ;) ) to undertake a project of this magnitude. If someone were ever to put forth the time/effort to make that come to fruition I guarantee you we would scream their praises from the mountain tops and reference it whenever applicable.

With all due respect, and I mean that in all honesty, I just saw phrases where you mention no sources for this type of information. When in fact we all know this information is laid out quite well on the humblefish forums and a good bit of his information is here on r2r as well. The information that you state you wish there was a way to tell what meds do what or how to do them he clearly outlines in an easy to find manner. I did not mean to point fingers in the reply, as I do still hold utmost respect for many of your videos as it gives me a resource to guide the new reefers I help get into this hobby. With that said it just felt somewhat mislead knowing we do have a huge resource for this vital information yet nothing was spoken of it. I've helped save countless tanks using humblefish forums and the information provided. Whether there is an issue with BRS not inviting him on a stream or even speaking with him is between the two parties. But his information is very important to the hobby as a whole regardless of anything else that may be going on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back