can you help?

ZOAngel

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to find a Pygmy Seahorse a red one. does anyone know where i can get these?

Enavas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't any pygmy seahorses for sale. They are way to tiny and fragile. Pygmy seahorses are not even an inch full grown. They usually live on an host gorgonian. To keep the seahorses alive, you have to be able the gorgonian alive.

Now if you are looking at dwarf seahorses, these grow up to an inch and a half to two inches. There any many places that sell these.

Azox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippocampus barbiganti live on only 1 type of Gorgonian, which despite much success with several nps gorgonians I have never even remotely had any luck with, that gets to be huge. I've never even heard of public aquaria successfully keeping these.

zoechance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have seen these teeny tiny seahorse living and camouflaged in gorgonians while diving in Indonesia. They are so tiny and fragile I can't imagine what it would take to keep them in a tank...... There are so many other species to explore including wonderful captive bred seahorses. Hopefully you can find wonderment with 1 of these other ponies....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back