Can you just look at your reef tank and.....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you just look at your reef tank and know when things are not good? I'm not even talking about the obvious signs of coral dying or signs like that but you just know that something isn't right?

On the other hand it's awesome noticing that things are going really well! The corals just have great color the tank seems cleaner and life is teeming! Nothing like seeing that!

Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

PS. Last night was a GOOD LOOK for my tank and man when that happens...watch out wallet because it's coral time! LOL!

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added one of my broken tiki mugs into the display rank. A couple hours after I put it in the tank one of my cerith snails finally decided to show itself for the first time in a month. Figured disrupting the sand bed riled him up enough to make an appearance. Figure any time something shows up for the first time in a while, that counts as a good look.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been noticing lately with the addition of some sps that it’s quite easy to tell when I have an alk swing. If my pink lemonade has its polyps out all is good! When they are retracted something is wrong and I will test. Although the Mille I got at the same time was never really to happy so who knows lol

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gsp walls and nems react quickly if anything is even the slightest bit off. Open the window and ph goes up just a bit, gsp retracts a little and the nems tighten up some. Not much, but noticeable. Give them 30 minutes or so and back to normal. But they are a good indicator for me, especially gsp as I have it in all my tanks.

Back