Can you see it?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid Snails. They are unsightly and can prevent some corals from expanding completely if that coral comes in contact with the webbing that the Vermetid produce to gather food.
Populations typically decline as a tank ages as long as you're not over feeding.

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I would not give sponges a second thought. Removing most benign cryptic creatures is counter productive to maintaining the healthy bio-diversity of a system.
Ok

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid Snails. They are unsightly and can prevent some corals from expanding completely if that coral comes in contact with the webbing that the Vermetid produce to gather food.
Populations typically decline as a tank ages as long as you're not over feeding.
Ok then I might be over feeding. I have tons...can i add any tank mates that will keep them in check?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then I might be over feeding. I have tons...can i add any tank mates that will keep them in check?

Unfortunately nope.
Reducing feedings and the numbers will decline over months, it does take awhile.

MicroPico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok what about these...i have tones of them and hate them...what will eat them? When I do water changes they spread webs.

14874369533611575546730.jpg
Vermetid snails. Not good. Superglue their tubes shut. Their webs irritate corals and make a mess.

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails. Not good. Superglue their tubes shut. Their webs irritate corals and make a mess.
I cannot do that...i would have to take out every piece of rock in my tank that that would be awful

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about the fast moving thingies. It's actually a "common" thing for copepods to be running over crabs, especially emerald crabs.

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another video! I just sent a PM to a person I was talking to on another forum who had them about a year ago, just to follow up what his experiences were in the end.

Awsome...yup thats the same thing that's on my crab

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back