Candy cane color chang

  • Thread starter Thread starter DcoarM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DcoarM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I was wondering what would cause this. About 3 weeks ago I went to Premium Aquatics and bought a blue candy cane. After it was in my tank for a week it lost its color. It since then is very puffy and eats regularly. What would cause a candy cane to lose its color?

20140104_124353_1.jpg
20140121_173358_1.jpg
 
Usually lighting is what will cause color change. What kind of lights are you running? If they are LED they might be washing them out.
 
I have a quad t5 fixture

ATI Blue Plus - 12000K
Kt Fiji Purple - 14000K
ATI Attinic - x2
 
Most light set ups I've seen on here have 2 blue a purple and 1 attinic or 10 k. Not sure if it would make that much difference. I used to have 2 10 k and 2 blue. Just switched to the set up I mentioned and have better results so far.
 
The setup I have is what premium aquatic website recommends. It was my first light purchase. I have seen great improvement with these. But this is the only weird thing. Hell these lights are bring a montipora digatada back that I thought was dead
 
So its been two weeks since this post and the cnady canes look great. Did not change a thing.
 

Attachments

  • 1391637022728.jpg
    1391637022728.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 158
Good. Sounds like it was an acclimation to the lighting difference in the tanks. Different light spectrums and placement in the tank can make a huge difference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new