Candy cane dying?

Reefer_710

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef community. I have had this candy cane for a about 3-2 weeks now and has been great. Recently made some moves and brought a frogspawn near by it, and possibly touched it killing part of it? Wondering what could of caused it to show skeleton/ dead parts?
69BB468B-9A50-4BCE-99E7-5CE5C49C57BA.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks like it. Could be bacterial, like brown jelly disease. Can you dip it in some coral dip?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something got at it. I would vote the frogspawn. Move it and keep it well clear of anything that can have sweeper tentacles. It should heal up just fine if conditions are good and it isn't something else altogether. Something, haven't figured out what, does the same to mine on occasion. Heals just fine and no worse for the wear.

OP
OP
R

Reefer_710

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something got at it. I would vote the frogspawn. Move it and keep it well clear of anything that can have sweeper tentacles. It should heal up just fine if conditions are good and it isn't something else altogether. Something, haven't figured out what, does the same to mine on occasion. Heals just fine and no worse for the wear.
Thank you I appreciate the response. I was suspecting the frogspawn as well because it is only the nearest part to the frogspawn rest of the candy cane looks just fine and only opened when they got to close. Moved the frogspawn away already and candy cane seems to be happy already

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Isolate, dip in Peroxide, moderate light and water flow, and feed 1-2X per week !

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back