Candy cane help?

ollzzz12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
14
Location
Redditch, UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice, had this candy cane about 2-3 weeks now,for about 2 weeks now it hasn’t opened up, was fine for 1st week but now not so much,
Was originally in direct light but have moved to a lower light area with low-moderate flow, any suggestions as to why? All my other LPS looking better then ever.

IMG_7656.jpeg IMG_7657.png
 
Have you tried feeding? Turn off the flow and try offering it some mysis or reef roids
 
Have you tried feeding? Turn off the flow and try offering it some mysis or reef roids
I don’t tend to stock those as not to many corals, I do feed a frozen mix so I might try mash it down and feed it direct
 
I don’t tend to stock those as not to many corals, I do feed a frozen mix so I might try mash it down and feed it direct
broadcast feed a bit to the tank wait 15 minutes then stop circulation and target feed
 
Temp 27 degrees when you bought the coral what temperature was the system you got it from . I run 25 degrees to 25.4 . What sort of temperature swings are you having?
 
Temp 27 degrees when you bought the coral what temperature was the system you got it from . I run 25 degrees to 25.4 . What sort of temperature swings are you having?
Not to sure what the LFS run tbh. All I know is they run quite a low salinity. But I think tank is pretty consistant at 26-27 as always seems to be around that mark when I test
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new