OP
Rc1989

Rc1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also try bringing up your salinity to .025

Will do, it’s actually right in between the 24 and 25 so that should be easy. I do about a gallon a day for water change. I do it thru a AWC from auto aqua

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the candy cane stuck to the Rocks? You could try to save one or if there's any tissue in the other one both. I have a son Coral that I'm doing that with and I've got polyp extension after a couple weeks. I pull it out of the tank and put it in a container and squirt food on it every day and leave it for a couple hours. I come back periodically and squirt the bottom with my pipette to stir the food back up, so more will fall into the polyp openings. I went from no polyp extension to polyp extension with tentacle nubs.

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of purple firefish as well. I thought I lost one and then 14 days later I saw her just chilling under a rock in the back. I also have one that swims around. Chances are if you didn't get a nitrate spike and your clean up crew isn't huddled around one spot, the other fire fish is still alive. But I won't by them again because of how timid and shy they are. As far as the lava rock goes, get an ICP test from bulkreefsupply.com. They're $50 and it will tell you exactly what you have (and don't have) as far as metals, etc. I think I have lava rock and my stuff is doing just fine.

IMG_5974.JPG

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of purple firefish as well. I thought I lost one and then 14 days later I saw her just chilling under a rock in the back. I also have one that swims around. Chances are if you didn't get a nitrate spike and your clean up crew isn't huddled around one spot, the other fire fish is still alive. But I won't by them again because of how timid and shy they are. As far as the lava rock goes, get an ICP test from bulkreefsupply.com. They're $50 and it will tell you exactly what you have (and don't have) as far as metals, etc. I think I have lava rock and my stuff is doing just fine.

IMG_5974.JPG
Marine Depot has them for $30 as well.

OP
OP
Rc1989

Rc1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect, maybe my purple fire fish will come out. I’ll get the test. Love the tanks guys. Can’t wait until mine matures a bit more. Maybe the other fire fish will come out soon. I learned my lesson on those fish too. Way to timid

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back