Cannot kill off Ulva, it always grows back.

TheSheff

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2022
Messages
554
Reaction score
349
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been dealing with ulva in my DT for a couple of months now, and I cannot seem to get rid of it. I have a tang, snails, and emerald crabs. None of them seem to want to eat it. Does anyone have any other solutions?
 
I've been fighting it for a year. Found that fluconazole will kill it/slow it down, but it just comes back. If you find something that solves the problem please report back.
 
How big is the tank? An urchin will eat it. I am sure tangs and rabbitfish/foxface will eat it too if the tank is large enough
I have a tang in it right now. Controversial but it’s a 40 gallon so I can’t get that many fish in there. I have an urchin but I guess I could try getting another .
 
I've been fighting it for a year. Found that fluconazole will kill it/slow it down, but it just comes back. If you find something that solves the problem please report back.
I will definitely let you know, it’s so annoying, it grows so fast and always comes back
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new