Cant connect my Murlock Angle Stop Adapter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually water supply lines and faucets have hot water on left, cold on right. Yours are crossing, is your cold supply line on the left and going to right faucet knob?

So, you want to be able to have the clean RODI water come through the faucet of your sink. Why?

OP
OP
C

chan011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my hot and cold are crossed from the wall but the tubes are crossed to the handles so left is still hot and right is still cold.

Wouldn’t running the water through the faucet just be a cleaner look? I’m trying not to have tubes running everywhere.

I guess if I do leave it as is and the blue line just produce water into a bucket, what would I need to be able to shut off the water when I’m not using it outside of turning off the water supply at the wall? Is there a way to divert the water back up to the faucet when i don’t need the rodi water? It’s a spare sink that doesn’t get used anyway but I guess it would be nice to still have a functional faucet.

Thanks for all the help

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next question now that I have it all set up to get water into my rodi is how can I set this up so that my blue clean water outflow runs through my faucet so that I just need to turn it on and off using the knobs on the counter?

07274C67-CD46-44D9-BC15-D0C29EA09EF0.jpeg

I believe you want to put a ball valve on your RODI supply line.

Found a random picture on the internet. See how there is a ball valve on the line?

imageproxy.jpeg

Something like this.

https://www.h2odistributors.com/pps...1O_4CDczq8bu73nwFhuhUzJRHyjfFyNcaAvguEALw_wcB

Last edited:

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tee you installed is for the supply line to the RODI, but you still have the sink getting its cold water supply. So, the clean look would not work with that set up (sink still getting its cold water supply). If you did want the water from the blue line to come out the faucet, the cold supply line would only feed the RODI unit, not the sink too. So, after the cold water valve you would need a reducer going only to the RODI. Then the blue line would need a similar fitting to connect to the faucet supply line. But, your clean filtered water would now be going through the metal faucet fixture/shutoff valve (copper/brass) and possible introducing metals to your RODI water. I would not do that.

Keep what you have done. Then add inline ball valves on your supply line going into your RODI and then one at the end of the output blue line. Mount the RO input valve near the door for easy access and the output line valve on extra line to pull out and fill your bucket.

EDIT: Philip beat me to the punch with a picture. Just have a ball valve near the end of the blue output line. Easy shut off at bucket

OP
OP
C

chan011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks inline ball valves it is!

So from the valve I can turn it on and off and if the valve is turned off, the water will run through the faucet?

Good point about the minerals in the faucet, didn’t even think about that and makes perfect sense

rioreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave the main cold water line valve always open. Open close inline ball valves on RO lines as needed

Faucet will work no matter what position the RO inline valves are.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back