Can't find Tideline overflow reviews, anyone have one?

OP
OP
Dburr1014

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you received your tank and filled it up yet. I’m about to order one with the tideline 20” and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on it.
Received, not filled up yet.
I'm going to Bogota on the 19th to see my new granddaughter.
When I come back I'll be finishing up.
It's almost done plumbed and I'm working on the lighting now. I may half fill it before I leave with powerhead and heat. TBD.
But, I love the stand/canopy, solid build.
Tank is 1/2 glass. I thought it said low iron glass for the front but it looks green from the side. I need to call my lfs and ask about that. I've never had low iron so maybe I'm seeing it wrong, idk.
I like the look of the tank itself, looks like a nice build. I did get the tideline external overflow.
The wier is removable but not the internal box.
Planet didn't send any bulkheads with the box but my lfs delivered the tank and had some in the truck they gave me. They said it was an oversite on planet.

Here is the tank.

20240325_111053.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received, not filled up yet.
I'm going to Bogota on the 19th to see my new granddaughter.
When I come back I'll be finishing up.
It's almost done plumbed and I'm working on the lighting now. I may half fill it before I leave with powerhead and heat. TBD.
But, I love the stand/canopy, solid build.
Tank is 1/2 glass. I thought it said low iron glass for the front but it looks green from the side. I need to call my lfs and ask about that. I've never had low iron so maybe I'm seeing it wrong, idk.
I like the look of the tank itself, looks like a nice build. I did get the tideline external overflow.
Planet didn't send any bulkheads with the box but my lfs delivered the tank and had some in the truck they gave me. They said it was an oversite on planet.

Here is the tank.

20240325_111053.jpg
Nice looking tank and stand, have fun on your trip

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

What do you mean by that? I have a similar setup. Both internal (weir) and external halves of the overflow come out on mine.

I’ll be curious to hear if your weir is also noisy. I can’t get rid of the noise of the water flowing into the weir box. Plus I had to replace the secondary and emergency standpipes they included with taller ones to raise the level of the water in the back overflow chamber.

OP
OP
Dburr1014

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by that? I have a similar setup. Both internal (weir) and external halves of the overflow come out on mine.

I’ll be curious to hear if your weir is also noisy. I can’t get rid of the noise of the water flowing into the weir box. Plus I had to replace the secondary and emergency standpipes they included with taller ones to raise the level of the water in the back overflow chamber.
The wier is a plate. That can be removed but the internal box is captured by the bulkheads. I'd have to remove the bulkheads to remove the internal box. They made the box with the bulkheads installed, I can't remove the bulkheads. See picture.

20240325_133821.jpg

Bonus to you that you got all the bean animal parts, I got zero parts for that. :/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back