Captive-Bred vs Wild ???

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the argument makes no sense and sounds like the person is just one sided instead of looking at the facts
you my friend are missing all the facts. Please backup some of your claims of color loss and other problems with any real information. literally any. Or are you just looking at the small captive bred tangs and noticing they are pale?

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you my friend are missing all the facts. Please backup some of your claims of color loss and other problems with any real information. literally any. Or are you just looking at the small captive bred tangs and noticing they are pale?
Not the only one who says this lol

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the adoption comment too?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see some sources too... some interesting comments about captive-bred yellow tangs losing color but I have not seen any evidence of that so... I am inclined to not believe this at this point, unless there is something that is powerful enough to change my mind.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see some sources too... some interesting comments about captive-bred yellow tangs losing color but I have not seen any evidence of that so... I am inclined to not believe this at this point, unless there is something that is powerful enough to change my mind.
I think I just hear it and seen it from other reefers who have bought captive bred tangs and, they had other troubles such as HLLE too

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I just hear it and seen it from other reefers who have bought captive bred tangs and, they had other troubles such as HLLE too
I mean, there are issues with wild-caught fish as well, especially dependent on the method in which the fish is caught. I think that's just specific coincidences probably more than anything. I mean, my first two captive-bred fish I bought in the U.S. came breathing heavy and was super weak and died soon, so based on that I could have said yeah nah captive-bred clownfish sucks. But then I got another two and they are super duper healthy. There are so many factors that could be in play honestly, and it is so easy for correlations to arise from coincidence in the hobby.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, there are issues with wild-caught fish as well, especially dependent on the method in which the fish is caught. I think that's just specific coincidences probably more than anything. I mean, my first two captive-bred fish I bought in the U.S. came breathing heavy and was super weak and died soon, so based on that I could have said yeah nah captive-bred clownfish sucks. But then I got another two and they are super duper healthy. There are so many factors that could be in play honestly, and it is so easy for correlations to arise from coincidence in the hobby.
Agreed, probably right

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it. Well it's at least awesome they are still at $150 from Biota. I was signed up for notifications but maybe the filter got it.
I'm pretty sure I signed up for notifications too and I never got one. I was in shock when I went to the website and saw in stock. I'll post pics when they arrive.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure I signed up for notifications too and I never got one. I was in shock when I went to the website and saw in stock. I'll post pics when they arrive.
Yep, they must've went fast. I'm on their site frequently killing time. Tag me in your post if you can remember to, I'd love to see them.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some HLLE claims. I am getting 5 baby Biota yellow tangs delivered next week. Time will tell.
Let me know friend, hopefully all is well. does biota have anymore on their site? I tried looking for captive bred flamebacks cause i know they have bred them before but still no luck, actually may not have been them who bred the flamebacks

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another + about captive bred is, since they're so much smaller, you're getting a younger fish. Hence, more years with you! (assuming conditions are ideal) :)

A giant wild caught yellow tang = older fish! who knows how long it'll have left?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another + about captive bred is, since they're so much smaller, you're getting a younger fish. Hence, more years with you! (assuming conditions are ideal) :)

A giant wild caught yellow tang--old fish! who knows how long it'll have left?
This is true and defo a plus. :D I always love raising fish from when they are very small.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it. Well it's at least awesome they are still at $150 from Biota. I was signed up for notifications but maybe the filter got it.
Yellow tangs are back in stock at biota. Get them while you can! Although mine were suppose to arrive today, I have no tracking number, and now they won't answer my emails.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back