Captive-Bred vs Wild ???

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tangs are back in stock at biota. Get them while you can! Although mine were suppose to arrive today, I have no tracking number, and now they won't answer my emails.
Thanks, I got the email today and ordered 1 within a minute of getting it this afternoon.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't all that new at this point. Seems like occasional HLLE issues but otherwise fine little fish.
Is HLLE common cause it seems like a a good amount of people have ones with it. I just wanted an update i. the future causes think he ordered 5 if I’m not mistaken?

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is HLLE common cause it seems like a a good amount of people have ones with it. I just wanted an update i. the future causes think he ordered 5 if I’m not mistaken?
When I get one I'll post here but I think there are enough sold that if it was a serious issue we'd see it even more.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ordered 5, with it being the weekend and no fish in sight, I have no idea when they will show.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1957279599.jpg
    Snapchat-1957279599.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 36

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I got the email today and ordered 1 within a minute of getting it this afternoon.
Have you got a shipping confirmation yet? They initially emailed me back but my order was suppose to be delivered Friday and they have gone completely silent.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got a shipping confirmation yet? They initially emailed me back but my order was suppose to be delivered Friday and they have gone completely silent.
emailing with a guy today, supposed to be delivered Wednesday. This guy has a title of General Manager. Been my experience a GM wouldn't normally be the guy lining up shipping for a fish. I'm guessing they are overwhelmed with orders.

We shall see.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emailing with a guy today, supposed to be delivered Wednesday. This guy has a title of General Manager. Been my experience a GM wouldn't normally be the guy lining up shipping for a fish. I'm guessing they are overwhelmed with orders.

We shall see.
I'm a little worried as I've sent emails to 4 different address without a response from any in 4 days. I'm really making an effort to be as polite as possible because they are my only option, but something is going to have to change soon. I feel like I'm being scammed at this point.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little worried as I've sent emails to 4 different address without a response from any in 4 days. I'm really making an effort to be as polite as possible because they are my only option, but something is going to have to change soon. I feel like I'm being scammed at this point.
This is biota?

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems sketchy, they even responded to and made a thread about captive bred fish
@reefinatl

The fish are in! They look healthy. Heads are slightly white but still quite yellow. they are very young so we will see how the color does and if there is any hlle. All and all I am pleased with how they are so far and will post on their progress in the future. To the tang police, this is a quarantine tank.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 38

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefinatl

The fish are in! They look healthy. Heads are slightly white but still quite yellow. they are very young so we will see how the color does and if there is any hlle. All and all I am pleased with how they are so far and will post on their progress in the future. To the tang police, this is a quarantine tank.
Thank you for all the updates, glad all went well!

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefinatl

Look good. Mine has pale head as well, I don't think it's HLLE. I was really nervous when it first arrived, pale little fish. Looks better and better everyday.

Day 1. 4-28
20210428_150731.jpg

Today
20210508_110836.jpg

20210508_111433.jpg

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upside is that you're not destroying the environment. There is a reason Hawaii banned fish exports.
Yep. I'm doing as much CB and aquacultured as possible. I have a wc wrasse and tomini and a supposedly maricultured trachy. Everything else is aquacultured or captive bred. I was at piece with shelling out $100 pre ban for a CB YT. I wasn't happy about it but it was what I wanted to do, having to spend 150 now hurt but it's just $50 in a very expensive hobby.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look good. Mine has pale head as well, I don't think it's HLLE. I was really nervous when it first arrived, pale little fish. Looks better and better everyday.

Day 1. 4-28
20210428_150731.jpg

Today
20210508_110836.jpg

20210508_111433.jpg
Yep I see no hlle but cannot rule it out while they develop. Mine are eating flakes, nori, tiny pellets, and frozen.

Attachments

• 20210508_143217.mp4
    20.9 MB

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upside is that you're not destroying the environment. There is a reason Hawaii banned fish exports.
That's pretty dramatic. Yellow tang collection wasn't destroying the environment. Most of Hawaii was already protected, and fish collectors were licensed. Hawaii is the most studied and protected fishery in the world. The citizens voted that they didn't want any fish to leave the island. The decision was sociological and political, and not an issue of sustainability. There are examples of sustainable fisheries all over the place. And in many of those places, the licenses pay for conservation of wildlife.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back