OP
xTJxSLIMx

xTJxSLIMx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my salifert nitrate test in today. Its reading 10ppm. I had left my doser at 1ml daily nopox. I also noticed white mucus dissipate. I had also lowered my feeding quite a bit. I was feeding about 1.5 blister pack daily. I now cut the blister pack into 1/4's and feed 1/4 cube mysis in the morning, 1/4 mysis and a 1/4 homemade shrimp, scallop, fish meat cube at night. (3/4 blister pack total daily for my 40g w/ 7 fish)
Oh, and had recently gotten gorgonians and was putting 6ml reef snow morning and night. Not using that anymore... just fouling my tank trying to keep them fed. The gorg's make due or tough stuff. Not gonna nuke my tank to keep them fat.

OP
OP
xTJxSLIMx

xTJxSLIMx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy is a change from 100ml a day to 75ml enough to cause ammonia? I’m dosing vinegar in a 150 gallon system and recently had the LFS test for me and they got a slight ammonia reading. Has me concerned.
I believe the mix of overfeeding and cutting off my carbon source contributed to my ammonia readings. I would definitely ramp down over longer period of time and use a turkey baster to remove what you can for the time being. I found this information in regards to ramping up but probably useful in ramping down as well. Hope the pro's chime in.

Screenshot_20190105-172040_Chrome.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back