Caribsea Life Rock Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter ratzy82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
@ratzy82 Has your tank gotten much better after getting rid of the LifeRock? I just got the same advice because I’ve had lots of diatoms and algae outbreaks and coral slow growth or death. I think that liferock is leeching some sort of poison into the water.
 
@ratzy82 Has your tank gotten much better after getting rid of the LifeRock? I just got the same advice because I’ve had lots of diatoms and algae outbreaks and coral slow growth or death. I think that liferock is leeching some sort of poison into the water.
My tank is 100% better. I removed all of the liferock. To be honest after my 3rd or 4th flux treatment, coraline algea finally took over to cover the rocks, but it was a 2 year process and I lost some coral. I still took all the liferock out b/c I didnt want to change it. Took the opportunity to build a ns scape. The marco went from white to pink in a week or 2. No algae. I did replace one piece at a time and cycled the rock prior. My tank is running so well that I no longer need my algae scrubber and have to dose nitrates.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new