Carpet Anenome

Seagre1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I got this Carpet Anenome yesterday. I read online if there mouth is open it's a bad sign. I turned off all the flow he quickly buried in the sand and settled however its mouth does look open a bit not gaping widely but open about half a CM. Just thought I'd ask on here to see if anybody with experience knew about it.

Alkalinity 7.5
Calcium 440
Magnesium 1350
Salinity 1.025
Nitrate 0.08
Phosphate 0.05

5 year old sps dominated tank.

20230909_184245.jpg 20230909_185353.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good for now. If mouth is gaping and it’s constantly deflated then you have an issue
Keep an eye on it

Upvote 0

Pillahump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the mouth still looks relatively tight even though its open. I would let it acclimate for a week or so.

They commonly purge themselves and open the mouth for the first week or two. looks healthy to me so far.

Once the mouth starts to get loose for a continued amount of time with inflate/deflate cycle I would say that's a red flag.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Seagre1

Seagre1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys will keep you updated as time passes. He seems to be happy he flattens out as soon as the lights come on in the morning while still looking puffy. At night he's still open except his foot stretches a bit then returns to normal in the morning so hopefully all is good

Upvote 0

Pillahump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys will keep you updated as time passes. He seems to be happy he flattens out as soon as the lights come on in the morning while still looking puffy. At night he's still open except his foot stretches a bit then returns to normal in the morning so hopefully all is good
yes, that is normal. They will extend their foot at night and it almost seems like reaching. Seems like a happy Haddoni =)

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back