Carpet Colour Q

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cstar_BC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cstar_BC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
724
Reaction score
1,241
Location
Vancouver BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I purchased my carpet it was cream coloured with just a hint of olive green in the mouth area .

now this is what it looks like today -

I have edited this photo in Lightroom to be as close a representation as what it looks like in person .

is it common for anemones(carpets specifically) to go through such a drastic colour change ?

first brought home
5F27DD36-DC75-451B-9A86-844BE4893E7B.jpeg


two weeks ago
929D8CF7-D19E-4C8B-A6AD-859EC40DCEB3.jpeg

kinda blue/grey

B639F085-3C0B-47C2-8D50-689DDD1F9C7E.jpeg


today - lights are ramping down but definitely green ?!
 
On second thought, maybe it could be from your lights? I’ve had corals change color in my aquarium because of raised light intensity. Specifically, my acans who I bought as red and we’re red under my Current USA lights. But are now orange under my Viparspectras :)

I’m waiting for someone else to comment, but this came to mind! ;)
 
Corals, anemones included, will absolutely change colors due to lighting conditions. I can't see the mouth well, but it appears to be healthy so it has just adapted nd adjusted to your lighting. Happens frequently in a wide range of Corals.
 
Corals, anemones included, will absolutely change colors due to lighting conditions. I can't see the mouth well, but it appears to be healthy so it has just adapted nd adjusted to your lighting. Happens frequently in a wide range of Corals.

Is the mouth an indicator of what colour it is ?
 
Is the mouth an indicator of what colour it is ?

Gaping of the mouth is a sign of stress, I always just assess the mouth and other factors when looking at someone's anemone, as some color changes can be attributed to stress as well. Although yours has definitely just changed due to lighting.
 
Gaping of the mouth is a sign of stress, I always just assess the mouth and other factors when looking at someone's anemone, as some color changes can be attributed to stress as well. Although yours has definitely just changed due to lighting.
Yeah, you’re is coloring up nicely. Usually dying things take on an ugly look, this one has taken on a nicer one :)
 
This is fairly common for haddoni. Many that are stressed and/or acclimating have white dots, lines, or streaks. Once they settle in, they white disappears and the nem colors up. This typically has to do with lighting, and that the anemone adjust its zooxanthellae population to the lighting. Zoox varies in color, but it usually brown.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new