Carr Fire Survivor

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you shared. Stories like that make me appreciate what I have and how fragile it really is.

I read your are negotiating with the insurance company. I find that troubling you need to negotiate with a company when you have lost everything. Hopefully it turns out good., last thing you need is to fight with an insurance company. I know, I am in insurance. Send us updates

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible story, glad your ok and planning your next build... welcome!

1CBB762A-E4ED-4F67-B835-6825F5F5E6BF.gif

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry for your loss, and that you are going through this hardship... your Red Sea tank was lovely. Thank goodness that your family and fur-babies are safe and sound.

Glad to see you rising from the ashes, literally, and getting ready to rebuild. Looking forward to your build thread!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear you were one of the persons affected. My hopes for a speedy rebuild and recovery from such senseless disaster. be it known you are welcomed here and have everyones' support !!

welcome.jpg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Your story gave me chill bumps! I'm so sorry you went through that, but I am so happy you're okay. I can't wait to follow along with your future build. (House and tank I presume?) <3

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Your story gave me chill bumps! I'm so sorry you went through that, but I am so happy you're okay. I can't wait to follow along with your future build. (House and tank I presume?) <3

Did me as well @Bleigh.

OP
OP
H

HM1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, tomorrow is the two year anniversary of the Carr Fire and I thought I would post an update. It took us a year to finally get the insurance company to come around and pay out the coverages that we had been paying for. We are now in the framing stage of the rebuild and it is exciting to see the progress every day.

Tyler from NorCal Corals has already been out and we have our plan in place for the new tank. I am SO EXCITED!! I have actually taken over a closet so that a lot of the equipment can go in there. I have asked Tyler to build the tank the most maintenance free as possible. I am getting older (just turned 60...YIKES) and water changes are difficult considering the weight of 5 gallon buckets of water...lol.

I am replacing my RedSea with a Crystal Dynamics Custom 180 gallon 2 sided starfire tank. I have a question...I had sand in the RedSea, but I have seen some builds on this site that had little pebbles. What are the pros and cons of pebbles versus sand? I don't think I will get a gobbie again, they bury everything and I am hoping to have corals on the bottom and not just on the rocks.

I am so happy to be back on this site and anticipate sharing with you the stages of the build of our new tank. Thank you all for your sincere concern and well wishes. We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back