Carter's 29G reef

Carter o51

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
116
Reaction score
31
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to join this forum after also being a member and posting on a local forum (SD Reefs) for the past several months. I thought I'd share pictures of my tank. It's a 29 gallon mixed reef, and has been running for about 6 1/2 years, but stocked only since january of 2013. I set this tank up in 2007 and maintained it until I partially got out of the hobby maybe 2 years ago, and ran the tank with rock and water to avoid breaking it down, but with no livestock. Tank specs:

29G glass bow front tank (not drilled)
Lifereef external overflow
10G sump
Small in sump heater
Mini skimmer 115 (formerly) now just macro algae in DIY fuge basket in sump with small LED fuge light
Aquaclear filter (for movement, circulation, and GFO/carbon)
Lighting is a 4X24 watt T5 Wavepoint fixture (currently waiting for my new LEDs to ship)
Fish: Ocellaris Clown, McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, and Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
Multiple sps, lps, zoas and softies

Pics are from my iPhone
attachment.php


attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 150

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new