OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would rebuild and view this as an opportunity to diversify your collection with different (maybe even less expensive) fish. If you get the same fish again, you'll likely be reminded of the crash every time you look at the tank. Sometimes a tank is just more enjoyable when you don't have so much risk hanging over it.

Thanks for that, and wish I could be satisfied with that approach. Outside of my house sitter committing the fatal mistake, the community had been thriving beforehand, so my fish keeping skills are not something I’m concerned about.

Part of what I love about this hobby is the new challenges that it presents, especially having reefed since the mid-90s. It’s a major driving factor in why I’ve continued in this hobby.

Successful husbandry of the Potter’s and Copperband were incredibly rewarding to me and something I definitely want to replicate as I loved having them in my fish community. (I also find it ironic to me that a lot of fish that really make up the ”personality” of a tank community are either pricey or difficult to keep). Same goes with my anemones, it’s just so rewarding to know you have the knowledge, skills and dedication to provide successful homes for these creatures.

As for now, it’s onto the next challenge for me. Literally gathering everything I need for the upgrade to a 180 gallon tank, with the explicit goals of keeping a ULM mixed reef with hopes of propagating SPS and LPS in the next few years.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back