Catching a 6 line !!

Lsuhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make fly fishing hooks so small that you will have more trouble threading line into them versus catching the fish.

OP
OP
hans4811

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, got my trap from TankMatez today and the thing is HUGE ! It’s the 8” size and I just don’t see this working out as it just dominates my tank..a Red Sea 250, so it’s only a 55 gal display. The guy said I should get the 8 for a wrasse. Put it in today and haven’t seen any of the fish even come out as they’re all freaked with this monster in the tank !

But I’ll give it a go for a few days, not sure how I can feed the rest of the fish if they don’t start going in it to get the food…may have to try a smaller rectangular trap…idk…

On a positive note, I was able to net out my new leopard wrasse and put him in the sump out of harms way from sh**head at least ! He was easy as he was cowering in the corner trapped by the 6line charging him all the time.

He hit the Wrasse lottery as the sump is full of copepods/amphipods !

Reefvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only put food in the trap and don’t try to catch it right away. Fish will have to go in eventually. Oh, be sure to remove uneaten food if not eaten to prevent tank fouling. Good luck!

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking of getting a six line wrass for some time now because I read that they (sometimes) eat bristleworms. I've held off till now because I don't want too much competition for my mandarin. My copepod population is healthy but my dottyback all but completely wiped out what was once a conspicuous abundance of amphipods. What I want even less is to add a bully to the aquarium. Is that why you're trying to
I've been thinking of getting a six line wrass for some time now because I read that they (sometimes) eat bristleworms. I've held off till now because I don't want too much competition for my mandarin. My copepod population is healthy but my dottyback all but completely wiped out what was once a conspicuous abundance of amphipods. What I want even less is to add a bully to the aquarium. Is that why you're trying to catch yours?
I'd recommend an arrow crab instead of a sixline for bristleworms. I've only seen them as bullies towards smaller fish.

OP
OP
hans4811

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A2A451E0-CD80-420A-BBCA-02AA71AA4FC1.jpeg

I CAUGHT THE BAST*** !!!! Wasn’t even trying either which is funny. Was making my coffee at my kitchen counter and just happened to look over at tank, bout 15’ away…wait a minute…is he in there !?….ran over there, hit the plunger on the trap which floats up the bowl…GOT em !

unbelievable…I lowered the trap down some this morning before the lights came on, so that must have helped, plus I didn’t feed em last night. There was just some scraps left over in the bowl which enticed em in.

Was soooooo excited…went screaming around the house…yes..yes…yes…fist pump…fist pump…!

Heading over to the LFS now for them to Rehome em !

Highly recommend Tank Matez…fairly easy catch all things considered.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions all, much appreciated !

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title says, would like to hear from anyone that’s successfully caught a 6 line out of their tank. How you did it and how long it took. I’ve tried the diy water bottle trap…he wouldnt go near it ! Just ordered a trap from tankmatez, but have my doubts. But I gotta try something, this thing is just a butt head and HAS to go !

Thanks for any tips or tricks…and draining my tank is not an option or nets…too much rock work and corals.
Build a cave of sorts - so the fish cant see the sides as well. Leave the door open for 3-4 days - putting food into the trap. Once he routinely goes in and out - one day - close the trap. It takes patience. I never had any luck until I put rock around the trap.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back