Caught My Damsel... What to do with him?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TinkL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TinkL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
27
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally had enough of this azure damsel being an ******* so I took apart my rocks to catch him, and he's currently sumped. I have 2 options, either I take him to my LFS and get rid of him for good OR throw him in my 33g anemone tank that only has a pair of clowns in it. I'm leaning towards getting rid of it entirely but it is a really pretty damsel, I just don't want problems again if I throw him in the 33g. What do you guys think I should do?
 
I finally had enough of this azure damsel being an ******* so I took apart my rocks to catch him, and he's currently sumped. I have 2 options, either I take him to my LFS and get rid of him for good OR throw him in my 33g anemone tank that only has a pair of clowns in it. I'm leaning towards getting rid of it entirely but it is a really pretty damsel, I just don't want problems again if I throw him in the 33g. What do you guys think I should do?
Sounds like he needs to be in a bigger tank with more aggressive fish. :)
 
I finally had enough of this azure damsel being an ******* so I took apart my rocks to catch him, and he's currently sumped. I have 2 options, either I take him to my LFS and get rid of him for good OR throw him in my 33g anemone tank that only has a pair of clowns in it. I'm leaning towards getting rid of it entirely but it is a really pretty damsel, I just don't want problems again if I throw him in the 33g. What do you guys think I should do?
How big are your clowns? I had this same damsel and he was such a butt until I put him with my marron clowns. My female wrecked his s*** lol. Peaceful fish ever since. Pretty too
 
Sounds like he needs to be in a bigger tank with more aggressive fish. :)
Was in a 75g but it kept killing new grammas I was trying to add and I'd rather have a gramma than him in there.
How big are your clowns? I had this same damsel and he was such a butt until I put him with my marron clowns. My female wrecked his s*** lol. Peaceful fish ever since. Pretty too
They're perculas so pretty small... but they've lived alone as a pair for a couple years now so very established in there.
 
Was in a 75g but it kept killing new grammas I was trying to add and I'd rather have a gramma than him in there.

They're perculas so pretty small... but they've lived alone as a pair for a couple years now so very established in there.
Is it essy to remove the damsel if it doesnt work in that tabk?
 
Was in a 75g but it kept killing new grammas I was trying to add and I'd rather have a gramma than him in there.

They're perculas so pretty small... but they've lived alone as a pair for a couple years now so very established in there.
That's too bad. Most small Percs don't have the drive to properly deal with an AZsure damsel. I would trade it in, unless you don't like the percs and want to make them miserable.

There is a small chance they would get along, but after I have taken tanks apart to catch a fish the sump or the fish store is the only place I have for them.
 
Is it essy to remove the damsel if it doesnt work in that tabk?
Yeah its way easier than the tank I just pulled it out of since its only soft coral / nems and the rocks are small... but if it'll likely be a problem I probably will just trade the thing in tbh.
That's too bad. Most small Percs don't have the drive to properly deal with an AZsure damsel. I would trade it in, unless you don't like the percs and want to make them miserable.

There is a small chance they would get along, but after I have taken tanks apart to catch a fish the sump or the fish store is the only place I have for them.
Yeahhh I'm probably just gonna drop him off at the store to go terrorize something else... hopefully just the reflection of himself
 
I think you should rehome him because my clowns killed two damsels especially if they are established/bigger clowns since damsels are smaller than them.
 
I used a floating fish trap by Nyos to catch 2 of my 3 terrible black and white damsels (LFS said they were the "good damsels" ... not! 1 went in a tank with much more aggressive fish and was tamed but still a pain sometimes. 1 went into the sump 3 months ago - and is still there. The other i can't catch. Lesson learned - Just so no to damsels!

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 6.51.36 PM.png
 
Put an add in your local online classifieds and give him away for free. Thats what I do with unwanted livestock. The word "free" usually attracts people right away, the fish will be gone in a day.
 
If you have a refuge section, it’s not a bad idea to have fish in it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new