Ceramic zoa frag stations?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the ceramic zoa frag stations safe for my reef and my Zoa? I’m thinking of getting two smaller ones so that my Zoa can grow out to big colonies and create sort of a small zoa garden.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of what that is exactly? If you want to create a zoa garden, frag tiles are a great way to get that "carpet" look while keeping everything removable and non-invasive

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of what that is exactly? If you want to create a zoa garden, frag tiles are a great way to get that "carpet" look while keeping everything removable and non-invasive
First off thank you for always helping me footgal. Here’s a pic. Are these things ok to use? I’d like to have some good looking colonies of my high end stuff without getting it in places I can remove if necessary.

Attachments

• AD6CECCA-D977-4EB4-856C-397CC863C3A2.png
    AD6CECCA-D977-4EB4-856C-397CC863C3A2.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 65

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off thank you for always helping me footgal. Here’s a pic. Are these things ok to use? I’d like to have some good looking colonies of my high end stuff without getting it in places I can remove if necessary.
Yeah those things are made to be decor inside the tank. If you want to be able to easily frag them in the future I suggest a frag disk approach (any flat, stiff, reef-safe surface will suffice) but if you just want to grow out a large colony for your own viewing pleasure you could buy a plug display like the one you found or simply add a small piece of live rock as as 'island' so the zoas cant spread onto your main rock work. Happy reefing!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back