cFloor's 190gal. SPS

jenny989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have 2 bimaculatus and 3 dispars.

Thank you!

I appreciate it, thank you

Thanks so much! I find the islands and channels are good for flow throughout the tank.

Thank you, but I'm sure you know what you're doing. I've made more mistakes than you could imagine.
I just started in February and havent even gotten into corals yet!

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Conor. I can't believe the coloring on that Lineatus! What a beauty! Are you using crushed coral substrate? It appears very coarse. You prefer this?

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish My tank will look like this one day I have sane tank and it is like he saw my vision I have for mine.
What is sponge powder ???

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank and so many beautiful fish.
I'm curious if that is a two spot bristletooth?
I just got a juvy and hoping it colors up like that one.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sponge Power is a KZ/Zeovit product. I like it too, though I haven't used it in a couple years (my bottle is sooo empty) I keep meaning to buy a new bottle. It's probably the single most effective KZ product - if someone said "Pick one Zeovit additive, and only one", I'd pick the SP.

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard good things about flatworm stop to.Do you run a zeovit reactor

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks beautiful, inspiration to get my build moving along! I see you removed/moved the rear MP40's? Was it too much flow?

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Conor. I can't believe the coloring on that Lineatus! What a beauty! Are you using crushed coral substrate? It appears very coarse. You prefer this?
Thanks so much Myka, I appreciate it. This is the first time using this coarse substrate. I don't think that I prefer it because it gets purple from the coraline. It's one of the things I would change about this tank. I have a lot of flow, so I feared a fine sand would blow around.
Drool worthy, awesome tank!
Thanks!
daaaaayum
haha, thank you!
Yep, that's one good looking display!!!
Much appreciated, thanks
Beautiful tank:)
Thanks so much
I wish My tank will look like this one day I have sane tank and it is like he saw my vision I have for mine.
I'm sure your tank will look better than mine one day, thank you for the compliment. Look above at Myka's description of sponge power.
Gorgeous tank and so many beautiful fish.
I'm curious if that is a two spot bristletooth?
I just got a juvy and hoping it colors up like that one.
Thank you, the tang is a white tail bristle tooth. They tend to have more red in the body. Mine has colored up much more than I expected in the time I've had him. Love the look of these guys.
I have heard good things about flatworm stop to.Do you run a zeovit reactor
I do not use flatworm stop and I do not use any reactors on this tank. I have carbon and sometimes GFO in bags in the sump
Your tank looks beautiful, inspiration to get my build moving along! I see you removed/moved the rear MP40's? Was it too much flow?
Thank you, I removed the back two MP40s because I needed to replace the wet sides on them. I just got new ones and placed them in different spots to see how I like it. I do find 4 MP40s is a good amount of flow for my tank.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Myka, I appreciate it. This is the first time using this coarse substrate. I don't think that I prefer it because it gets purple from the coraline. It's one of the things I would change about this tank. I have a lot of flow, so I feared a fine sand would blow around.

You don't vacuum it? You could keep it white if you vacuum. I vacuum my sand to its full depth. :)

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't vacuum it? You could keep it white if you vacuum. I vacuum my sand to its full depth. :)

I actually don't vacuum it simply because my tank is deep and there are so many hard to reach places. I really need to start doing that though. I'll probably do it my next water change.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't vacuum it simply because my tank is deep and there are so many hard to reach places. I really need to start doing that though. I'll probably do it my next water change.

If it was finer you could get a Sleeper Goby to get in the hard to reach places. I have Caribsea Seaflor Special Grade. It holds up to the high flow pretty well, and Sleeper Gobies can handle it. :D

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank!

How are your bimaculatus behaving with your dispars? Do you have any other anthias in the mix?

Any issues with your angels and the corals? Looks like all of your corals are really mature so perhaps they can stand a little pruning even if they occasionally nip but I'd like to hear your experience.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back