cFloor's 190gal. SPS

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef tank, love the seascape on this one. I might have missed it, how old is your tank and did you start from frags?

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef tank, love the seascape on this one. I might have missed it, how old is your tank and did you start from frags?

thanks Iarangcon! This tank is now 11 months old. All the corals were with me in my previous tank and all grown from small frags. A lot of them were cheap $10 brown frags when I got them.

Broadwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up... I have the exact same tank (DSA 190), but had a bout with aefw's....so all my SPS except for bout 2-3 are gone.... so I guess now is a good time to re-aquascape. Going to use yours as inspiration... Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up... I have the exact same tank (DSA 190), but had a bout with aefw's....so all my SPS except for bout 2-3 are gone.... so I guess now is a good time to re-aquascape. Going to use yours as inspiration... Thanks for sharing!
thanks Broadwave, The DSA 190 is a great tank! I too battled AEFW two tanks ago. Be sure to treat (preferably QT) your remaining acros and then leave your tank without corals to make sure they're wiped out. You don't want them to come back once you've restocked. I put all my corals in QT and dipped them once a week for 6 weeks. Best of luck!

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed out my sump, which was a 60" acrylic tank that I customized. I also upgraded my skimmer. The pump went out on my last skimmer while I was on vacation so I thought it was a good time to upgrade. Here's my new sump that I still have some work to do on

Behind my tank is an indoor sundeck, half of which I turned into my fish room. Not seen is a coral QT, a fish QT and a frag tank, which are behind me.

My next project will be finding/making room in my display for more frags. I recently traded a bunch of frags for a few really nice ones. I'm excited to see how they color up

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful reef!

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank turned 1 year old yesterday so I thought it would be a good time to share where my corals were before setting up my current 190gal., where this tank started and where it is today.
Old tank, ran probably about 2.5 years

This is how my new tank looked two days after setup

And here we are today

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank turned 1 year old yesterday so I thought it would be a good time to share where my corals were before setting up my current 190gal., where this tank started and where it is today.
Old tank, ran probably about 2.5 years

This is how my new tank looked two days after setup

And here we are today

Good gosh man! This is one of the nicest tanks I have seen!

PaReeferJ

ADDICTED.......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share my current project with everyone. This is an upgrade from my previous tank. 190 gallon DSA. All corals have been with me through 3 tanks now as well as most fish.
This pic was taken after 2 weeks of initial setup

And this is the most recent FTS taken on 6/26/2015
Beautiful... So colorful

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to see if it was mentioned but didn't see anything. What's your bulb combo
Good gosh man! This is one of the nicest tanks I have seen!

Beautiful... So colorful

Great job!

Very nice.

I tried to see if it was mentioned but didn't see anything. What's your bulb combo
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Chris, right now my bulb combo is 4 blue+ 3 coral+ and 1 actinic. This is a new combo I have been trying out and it's a little too blue for my taste. I think I will try something different soon.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Chris, right now my bulb combo is 4 blue+ 3 coral+ and 1 actinic. This is a new combo I have been trying out and it's a little too blue for my taste. I think I will try something different soon.

How does this combo do with sps coloration. This is the exact combo I'm thinking of running in my upcoming 180 build. I prefer the slight blue look

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back