cFloor's 190gal. SPS

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share my current project with everyone. This is an upgrade from my previous tank. 190 gallon DSA. All corals have been with me through 3 tanks now as well as most fish.
This pic was taken after 2 weeks of initial setup

And this is the most recent FTS taken on 6/26/2015

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I am located in Marin County in Northern California.

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I am using T5s. I dose b-ionic 2 part, sponge power, bacteria, and color elements. I do weekly 30 gallon water changes and I feed heavily. For flow I use 4 MP40s and 2 return pumps, both about 1200 gph. I use a large bubble king skimmer. I have a large sump and connected to the tank i have a 45 gallon shallow tank, which I use to use as a frag tank. I ended up selling all my frags and now use that tank as a multipurpose tank. I have some LPS and macros in there. The macros grow very fast so I prune them back weekly. It is also a good place to acclimate certain fish after they go through QT.

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Ton of growth
thanks! Watching everything grow is my favorite part of the hobby.
I like how you have some stand alone islands with one SPS on them...good job.
Thank you, The stand islands came about from me trying to fit all my corals into one tank. In the end, I like how it has turned out.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. So you really like the Sponge Power? Looks like you have a very thin sand bed, do you vacuum it?

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. So you really like the Sponge Power? Looks like you have a very thin sand bed, do you vacuum it?
Much appreciated, thank you. I just started using sponge power and color elements about a month ago. Since starting, my corals have been looking better and have better PE. I'm not sure if it's due to that or just an overall improvement since setting the tank up 5 months ago. Everything lost color during the upgrade and has steadily been improving since. And yes, I have a very thin sand bed. I do not vacuum it, but I stir it up once or twice a week.

D311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! What kind of anthias do you have in there?

OP
OP
cFloor

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! What kind of anthias do you have in there?
Thanks! I have 2 bimaculatus and 3 dispars.
Fantastic colors. Wow.
Thank you!
Amazing sharp tank. Well done.
I appreciate it, thank you
Beautiful reef! I really like the islands with a channel in between. Your coral colors and placement are amazing!
Thanks so much! I find the islands and channels are good for flow throughout the tank.
It's pictures like this that make me realize I have no clue what I'm doing. It's a beautiful tank!
Thank you, but I'm sure you know what you're doing. I've made more mistakes than you could imagine.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back