Chadderboxx 240 build

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok every one my dream of a massive reef tank has come true. And oh boy I am excited! First let me say hi welcome and like all of y'all I'm a pic hoe. So wont be missing a thing. Today was day 1 of my start. I picked up a 72x30x25 Sapphire front and sides duel overflow 2" center drilled for closed loop aquarium. Took 4 of us to lift it onto the trailer and 3 of us to slide it down. And 1 of me to build a dolly and dead lift the tank 8 time to stack the 2x4 under the tank to slide the dolly under. FYI don't try this at home. Ok pic time.
image.jpg

Not to bad right look Normal lol not
image.jpg

Ok and this is he dolly I built for the tank to ride on it 36x18
image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok this is where I leave you for now I allready have plans for the stand but lets leave that for tomorrow.
And last I want to thank my wife for Allowing this dream to come true. Love you dear. Even tho she will Probably never read this.

Last edited:

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like this is going to be an awesome tank. Love that coral in the second pic ;)

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Steviereefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL yeah, I had the same when I got my tank. If you put vinegar in a spray bottle, spray it all lightly , let it soak in till its almost but not all the way dry, then do that a couple more times till its saturated. It should scrub off easier.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL yeah, I had the same when I got my tank. If you put vinegar in a spray bottle, spray it all lightly , let it soak in till its almost but not all the way dry, then do that a couple more times till its saturated. It should scrub off easier.
It is flakeing off right now thinking about taking a plastic scraper to is carefully. But I will try the vinegar trick.
congrats man! I can't wait till i can upgrade..
Hey your close make be when everything is all said and done swing by and take a look. And one word when your ready to upgrade " Craigslist " I won't tell unless you really want to know but this tank was CHEAP!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! Funny pic with you laying in the tank! Congrats!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the dimensions, relatively shallow for being so long.
Definitley gonna be nice

Sent from my VS950 4G using Forum Runner

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Funny pic with you laying in the tank! Congrats!
Ya I Tryed to get the wife to get in but then you wouldn't be able to tell how big it was she 5' nothing lol
I like the dimensions, relatively shallow for being so long.
Definitley gonna be nice

Sent from my VS950 4G using Forum Runner
Yes one of the reason I jumped on this tank I didn't want to buy a 31" tall tank for lighting Purposes only!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha na working on that part still know anyone that can fill the. Position? Lol

i know one guy but word is he photoshops all his pictures and his corals are really all brown and earth tone.. suppopsely is he is a computer genius and can make brown and green turn into rainbow.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know one guy but word is he photoshops all his pictures and his corals are really all brown and earth tone.. suppopsely is he is a computer genius and can make brown and green turn into rainbow.
Ha ha oh I know that guy he's a total ------- lol and ya I heard that to. To bad to his stuff looks top notch... I might have to give him a try. Btw the Dynamite is doing good. Slow and steady. And best of all the brown and green turned RAINBOW! Lol

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2
Ok day 2 way super exciting!!!! Remember what my tank looked like well if you don't here it is.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Tools to help out
image.jpg

image.jpg

So I sprayed down the tank waited 15m sprayed again. And got to work after 1 1/2 h this is the almost finished product.
image.jpg

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I got a sump with the tank wasn't planning on useing it but like everyone I know we're all on a budget and trying to figure out how to reuse anything we can so this will become my refugium it is 29x22x18 roughly 47 g. It look me 10m to take the 2" bulkhead off someone had Silicone it to the Acrylic " useless" and it was just a pain to get off also took off the 2 float switches. Going to leave the 1" drain on top. My plan is to build a sump I'm thinking about haveing this sit on top of the new sump on a stand inside the frame and let it be gravity feed into the sump after where the protein skimmer sits. But this is far into the Future. I ordered some #4 Weldon and ill cut some ff Acrylic and patch where the 3 holes are. And this is where I leave you today untill tomorrow.
image.jpg

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed... i like a good build :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back