Chadderboxx 240 build

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is flakeing off right now thinking about taking a plastic scraper to is carefully. But I will try the vinegar trick.

Hey your close make be when everything is all said and done swing by and take a look. And one word when your ready to upgrade " Craigslist " I won't tell unless you really want to know but this tank was CHEAP!

Next time im in the tampa area I would love to check it out man! I know to well of the craiglist deals. I got my 120 oceanic tech tank, Coralife aqualight pro with 2 X 250 MH, and a my reef creations sump for a ridiculus price. It was awesome

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed... i like a good build :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app
I hope you won't be Disappointed

Oh very nice, that makes my 55 look so small haha
Lol you should of seen my wife's face. She goes where you planing to put that. ::arms crossed:: lol

Awesome Man!!! The Tank look great, did the vinegar work out for ya?
Yes! I was going to do a side by side Comparison but half way through the dry side I Tryed the Vinegar side and I was like oh f that. Lol

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time im in the tampa area I would love to check it out man! I know to well of the craiglist deals. I got my 120 oceanic tech tank, Coralife aqualight pro with 2 X 250 MH, and a my reef creations sump for a ridiculus price. It was awesome
I don't know how big you looking to go but yesterday there was a 300g for sale 400$ tank only in Tampa Bay Area

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3
Ok stopped by lowes today spent 20m looking for a pocket jig walking by the isle 3 times and then finally asked someone. Figures. Ok so I used 2x8 for the bulk of the top frame 72 1/4 long 30 1/4 wide the top frame fits flawless length but was 1/4 short front to back... Isn't a big deal at all as long as my length wasn't short. Now I pocket drilled all 2x8 and middle support 2x6.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And last thing for today leave you with a little. Suspense
image.jpg

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats how im gonna set up my stand. :) but im going with osb on top and bottom of stand

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats how im gonna set up my stand. :) but im going with osb on top and bottom of stand

My Original thought was to have 3/4 plywood inlay the frame. But just thought it might be easier just to cut and put on top of the frame. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to use plywood at all, and if so what size 1/2 or 3/4. Hum.....

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Original thought was to have 3/4 plywood inlay the frame. But just thought it might be easier just to cut and put on top of the frame. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to use plywood at all, and if so what size 1/2 or 3/4. Hum.....

Im laying it on top and bottom... but it will be hid because when i skin it i will make it about 2" taller then the frame.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 4
Ok guys a lot of progress today. I'm NOT done but very close on the frame. Added the corner legs squared all them up ( one thing a helping hand is needed ) pic time.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along very nicely. How do u plan a water proofing or a moisture barrier for the frame work? When i build mine in the next few days i plan on silicone the joints and screw holes and once it sets up im going to paint it with a garage floor epoxy.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along very nicely. How do u plan a water proofing or a moisture barrier for the frame work? When i build mine in the next few days i plan on silicone the joints and screw holes and once it sets up im going to paint it with a garage floor epoxy.

I'm going to paint the frame with white outdoor wood paint. Or that's the goal. And the screws are Galvanized so I'm not worried about them. I'm going to fix something tomorrow I might of goofed up. Won't be sure till I get off work. The skimmer I want is 24 1/4 tall I have to see I'm sure I'm fine but it might not fit to remove the head. Need 25" to remove the neck. Finger crossed because I did glue the bottom support. If I did mess up ill just knock them out and drop it to the ground and that should give me 2 1/2" more space. You have a build page up yet?

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How it works for you. My stand i plan on not having any bottom braces that way its all open. And being how it will be water proof it will act as a tub and hold water and not the floor :) but yes i do have a build thread its nothing special yet https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106218
custom 93g acrylic cube reef tank build

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope* not how

Wish i could edit posts :(

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back