OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hurd great things too. but i was just wondering what it runs in the spectrum is all. I built my LEDs to run with all kinds of colors. I was just wondering and yes you can make what ever you want i didnt mean anything by it.

Lol I just read my post. Promise it wasn't snappy just meant I will be able to adjust the hight of the light when I bud my canopy. Ill post my progress tomorrow

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok need help from y'all fish guys. I know very little about fish and want to start to plan for them. Remember this will be a reef tank that is first fish come second.

Currently have
blue hippo
Pair true clowns
Strawberry basslet

My must have list is
Purple tang
Achilles tang (fingers cross)

Wish list
Yellow tang
Blue or brown or both tang
Swissguard basslet (depends on s. b.)
Mystery wrasse
Mandarin (red,blue,spotted) think a 240 would be big enough?
Last .... Lol I'm in love with blue ribbon eel ::: thinking about keeping him in the Refugium since it will be a 54g by its self. ::::

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles Tang!!! So beautiful. My LFS was telling me that this fish is INCREDIBLY temperamental. They need to be grazing on food constantly and need lots of room. Im still going to try them out when I get a bigger tank (55 gallon now). Supposedly they are jerks too so they should be the last fish.

I don't know too much about fish, only thought with the True Clowns is if you want an anemone to host them then maybe be careful what species you get. The tank raised false percs seem to host BTAs better.

I think mandarins depend on the amount of care you want to put in to the tank. There are people that keep really fat mandarins in bio cubes with no care and others that feed live food everyday. I think that 240 should be plenty big for them to live off of pods, but maybe make the "pod condos" and shake them in the DT every now and then. Mandarins are so pretty I just bought a Red scooter for my 55. He has been in a breeder box for a while, gettign him on frozen. He is eating the frozen prawn roe now, WOO HOO!

Youve got a cool list, most the fish will hang out in different areas. Maybe a goby and pistol shrimp combo or something to keep the mandarins company.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should mention I am going to get sexy Corals signature rose bubble tip anatomy. I have never owned Manderin I've heard good stories and bad stories so it's kinda like the rest of every single fish that you care about. I guess the hard part is I like these fish my wife likes other fish and my daughter of course once Other fish. So it's a compromise in a balancing act. Where does everyone get their fish from off-line or mostly at Lfs I know it's playing Russian roulette when you buy fish from Lfs

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glueing 1 side of the light rail together. Had to stop by and get another rail to finish it tomorrow. The the lights can go in. After the just need to skin the canopy, stain , poly. And build my sump and this build can get wet.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1364579376.666945.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay it has been a while since last time I updated I've been at a standstill for little bit not too much progress has been done I finish framing out the canopy the light rail is done tomorrow I plan on cutting the wood to skin the canopy. I'm going on a cruise down in the keys in a week and a half I'm going to try to see if I can buy me some candy Basslets!!!!
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365176903.613109.jpg

My little helper the other one is at school
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365176931.011234.jpg

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it starts time to make my sump. 30x24x18. BTW this will be my very first sump build.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365696954.397416.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365696970.844715.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365696981.844688.jpg

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those corner clamps are sweet! I knew something like that must exist. Yay Sump!

sent from my phone.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMgosh YUM!

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I had for lunch was leftover KFC hehe. Want to trade?

sent from my phone.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol this is what I do for a living. If y'all are in Tampa stop by. KFC don't have nothing on me. Lol
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1365717095.343452.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back