chadfarmer 16 inch cube tank

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this tank started out as a 300 gallon wall divider that cracked down the side from a halide that melted the eurobracing and cracked the side to the bottom and leaked. the local fish store was giving it away for free so i took it. :D (3/4 inch acrylic so it weight probally 50 plus pounds)

this is just being tested for leaks

i glued it together last night and routed the edges and i havent decided if i am going to polish them or not.

i might add an external over flow or just run it as a cube and use live rock as a filter and change out 5 gallon every week or not

circulation is going to be a tunze 6025

lighting -i cant decide 150w DE, 250w DE, 250w SE or t5s (i have all of them and cant make up my mind what i want to do):hammer: :rolleyes:

this is going to be a zoo only tank (no sps or any other softy)

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am filling it with my ro/di waste water just incase it leaks than it would be close to the drain

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry it is now a 16 ich cube with a lot of extra acrylic

i just wanted to make something instead of the acrylic sitting in the corner of the basement

i cut the 300 gallon up during the summer

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16x16x16= 18g's alomost:rolleyes:

this or a 12 gallon nano cube i decided this would be better

my design what meant to be a easy tank to maintain and will be running off a aquacontroller jr

was going to make it out of Corian and a piece of glass siliconed in a grove that i was going to route out of the material

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a sweet little tank. I would go with the 150watt just because you have high light in your 58gal. Then you could see the difference in color in your zoa's/palys from different light conditions. Are you going to use a skimmer?

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i thought about the mce300 (to many problem with them for me and the mce600 i hated) but decided that i would just do a water change every week of 5 gallons

:hammer:

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that 300 gallon tank that the acrylic came from...you would never think acrylic that is so thick could crack so easily!!! He should've built a bigger tank, but everything Chad does is overkill :hammer:

Back