Chalice coral lighting level

I grow two types of Rainbows (Gonzos Motor City Mayhem and Rainbow Crush from Cornbred) in my frag tank under Metal Halides at 500+ PAR. They do not need anywhere near this amount of light, but they grow fast and are colorful. I have kept them lower in my tanks at about 200ish PAR also under Metal Halide. I did not find that they like to be in the shadows, or anything. I do not have any areas with less light than this, but it seems like they would probably be OK.

I have never spot fed them.


I have a CB rainbow crush that isn't doing well. I don't know my par ratings but I am currently trying another spot in my tank. It wasnt doing well under an overhang. I currently have it in a spot where there is still shade, but it has slightly more light. (radion gen3 and t5 supplemental lighting). Can you share a picture of your chalices?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new