OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup challies are looking great the mh has made a awesome recovery... All pictures in the thread are from my phone so no editing or anything... Any ways enjoy.... Sorry btw just super busy...:(
a0c02d02.jpg

8a0c5e4d.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel good that you can revive your Miami hurricane, Im such a bad reefer I killed mine...

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran acroos this thread, too funny

I got a few wooden blocks around you can hook up to an air pump if ya wanna run an old school skimmer-but that would lower the nutrients, you know how them block skimmers rock!!

Can I send you my crazy fox, its stalled at 3 eyes-:cry:

Sugo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's amazing, your success with this experiment makes me rethink all the "must have equipment " in order to get great color from our coral's.

Thanks for the write up, looking forward to seeing the update :)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update been what a little over a month now??? Look at the hurricane back to it's glory!!!! Yeah lol..
e703d5ca.jpg

11e984c5.jpg

16065b06.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's super crazy!!!! Glad I made this thread.... Might move all my chalices over haha!!!! That's amazing growth and color for 5 weeks.... Never kept track before:tongue:

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** those look great under pc's and nothing else, lol. Crazy indeed. I'm sending over all my hurt pieces so you can care for them :)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure man gonna move the rest of my personal chalices over... If they do just as good I will move the grow out pieces over this approach seems to be the hot ticket IMHO...1smile1 you don't need fancy t5s and crap lol.. This tank is lit by the standard pc biocube bulbs a 10k and actinic... Hell it's not even on a timer I turn them on when I think about it... For the most part I think I average about 5hrs a day of lighting and that's both bulbs at the same time.... Wait till I feed these guys..:xd: I fed them once when I moved them over and just let the tank go zero dosing, zero water changes zero every thing just topped off here and there lol...:tongue:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow great experiment Lee nice update shots

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure man gonna move the rest of my personal chalices over... If they do just as good I will move the grow out pieces over this approach seems to be the hot ticket IMHO...1smile1 you don't need fancy t5s and crap lol.. This tank is lit by the standard pc biocube bulbs a 10k and actinic... Hell it's not even on a timer I turn them on when I think about it... For the most part I think I average about 5hrs a day of lighting and that's both bulbs at the same time.... Wait till I feed these guys..:xd: I fed them once when I moved them over and just let the tank go zero dosing, zero water changes zero every thing just topped off here and there lol...:tongue:

lol , you deff are pushing the boundaries , lol. lps deff do not mind some nutrient rich water. you should do on though .... lol

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read thru the thread and WOW, I'm suprised. I had no doubt in the chalice, but it seems your stick is well too. Makes me second guess what I'm doing. Heck, no dosing! My 29 bio might just have a purpose instead of my QT. Awesome thread.

Back