Chalice experiment 101... Ole'skool...

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't know about the no dosing, that's risky. You know I'll be following along.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if I put more pieces in the tank that will change... Right now there is only 4 pieces so they don't use much cal, alk wise.... Honestly thou if you change your water like 2 gallons every 2 weeks I think a stocked tank would flourish with these kinds of corals.... Lps has very low demands and doesn't mind swings as long as there not huge or fast.... If the alk dropped over 2 weeks low it really wouldn't be a issue as long as you brought it back up over a week or so.... There pretty simple.... I was shocked at the Sps in there they lost some color but there growing very well haha!!!

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know, I've been dosing, changing the water, filters running, carbon, skimmer, etc... No fluctuations and great numbers and still struggling with a couple of pieces. Sometimes no matter what you do, it still isn't enough. maybe I'm just doing too much, lol.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last sentence of your post is key frank!!!! I think we all over do it.... My display is all automated with top of line equipment and very stable I have the same problem... I have always found when I slack off on my tank it does better and that's the truth....:(

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back