Chalice is growing eyes?

psycjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
8
Location
Wheeler
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chalice coral in quarantine and I'm noticing what looks to be small zoa polyps growing beneath it. Does anybody know what this could be? I'm really just curious if this could be some kind of pest. The chalice is purple and red but the "eyes" are growing green.

20230521_205215.jpg
 
I have a chalice coral in quarantine and I'm noticing what looks to be small zoa polyps growing beneath it. Does anybody know what this could be? I'm really just curious if this could be some kind of pest. The chalice is purple and red but the "eyes" are growing green.

20230521_205215.jpg
they do and should be
 
Awesome. Thanks, guys. I just attempted to conceal my first aiptasia with super glue in my quarantine tank so had pests on my mind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new