Chalk basslet and...?

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C3D5DAB2-C94C-497F-8E21-40AB644F8770.jpeg

I started this 10 gallon nano tank about a week ago and just put in my first invert, an emerald crab. Eventually I am going to add corals and/ or anemones, but first I want to add fish. I’ve spent time researching my options and I want to go with a chalk basslet. Is there any other tank mates I could keep with him in a 10 gallon, or would it have to be a 1 fish only tank?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to look into some snails and hermit crabs once your tank grow some more. You could probably do another fish if it’s small, doesn’t swim much and and is not aggressive. A goby that eats mysis or hawk fish may be nice. Also, I know emerald crabs eat bubble algae. I’m not sure if that’s all they eat. Hopefully someone can chime in.

OP
OP
TLudwig

TLudwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on adding a couple blue leg hermits and a snail once I start getting more algae, and thanks for the recommendation. Have not looked much into hawk fish

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back