Changing Canisters on RODI buddie

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have an RODI buddie (50 gallon per day unit) and have decided to change the the carbon filter and the sediment filter as it has surpassed the recommended 6 months. However I have some questions that the booklet doesn't go into great detail about...

the instructions say to flush out the the carbon filter before adding the RO memberane- does this mean I should remove the membrane? It also says nothing about wether or not the sediment filter should be hooked Up during this I’d imagine the answer is no but figured I’d ask.

Also does the sediment filter need to be flushed?

I was just going to unhook the carbon from the RO and flush it that way but after reading the instructions it seems its not that simple...

Thanks in advance!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sediment filter doesnt need to be flushed. If you want to flush the carbon cartridge just unplug its connection to the ro membrane and let it flow out of there for a short time.

OP
OP
ZipAdeeZoa

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sediment filter doesnt need to be flushed. If you want to flush the carbon cartridge just unplug its connection to the ro membrane and let it flow out of there for a short time.
Good to know about the sediment filter! I figured that would be the case with the carbon but just wanted to double check, thanks!

Back