Changing lead from USA plug to Australian plug.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duzzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Duzzy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
184
Reaction score
88
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

the algae/turf scrubber I love I can’t find in Australia , I’m after the

APIS-300 Algae Turf Scrubber however the plug is not Australia available as far as I know. I have a letter in to Hmahli sumps to see if he can modify his to a bottom drain if so problem solved if not can I just open the lights and change the leads? Cut the plug of and replace with an Aussie plug or get an adapter. I’m really unsure what to do. I’ve searched here but can’t find many scrubbers here, there’s a few reactors but not really what I want.​

Regards Duzzy
 
You could change the led drivers in it though to accommodate your line voltage, if that is something you feel comfortable doing. Worst case maybe find a suitable light replacement and use their chassis.
 
Hi there,

the algae/turf scrubber I love I can’t find in Australia , I’m after the

APIS-300 Algae Turf Scrubber however the plug is not Australia available as far as I know. I have a letter in to Hmahli sumps to see if he can modify his to a bottom drain if so problem solved if not can I just open the lights and change the leads? Cut the plug of and replace with an Aussie plug or get an adapter. I’m really unsure what to do. I’ve searched here but can’t find many scrubbers here, there’s a few reactors but not really what I want.​

Regards Duzzy
You can buy adaptors.
 
Get the adaptor. Aussies run 220v 50hz. You just swap the plug you will likely let all the magic smoke out and it won't work anymore.
We call the the sproing smoke or fubar smoke! Thankyou it’s why I asked I wasn’t sure though leaning adapter just wasn’t sure if it’s dangerous.
 
You could change the led drivers in it though to accommodate your line voltage, if that is something you feel comfortable doing. Worst case maybe find a suitable light replacement and use their chassis.
Considered that then sell on the lights a refugium lights.
 
Many electrical items have a 120/220 operating range or switch. Check first
This

I purchase a number of LED lights for work and they are 120-277 volts.

You could contact Four Square and ask them what the specs are on the light.
 
Also of note, if it does have a 220 switch make sure 50 hz wont fry it. Stuff in the states is all based on 60 hz and that difference is hard on some electronic components.
 
This

I purchase a number of LED lights for work and they are 120-277 volts.

You could contact Four Square and ask them what the specs are on the light.
Thanks I’m actually writing to them now but thought I’d check forums before I did.
 
Hi there,

the algae/turf scrubber I love I can’t find in Australia , I’m after the

APIS-300 Algae Turf Scrubber however the plug is not Australia available as far as I know. I have a letter in to Hmahli sumps to see if he can modify his to a bottom drain if so problem solved if not can I just open the lights and change the leads? Cut the plug of and replace with an Aussie plug or get an adapter. I’m really unsure what to do. I’ve searched here but can’t find many scrubbers here, there’s a few reactors but not really what I want.​

Regards Duzzy
Here you can buy a very cheap plug in adapter that simply kills one side of the circuit. I don't know what your receptacles look like though. Our use is to use it when you want to use a 120V gas stove as opposed to electric. That said id you are 50Hz I don't know what effect that would have
 
Here you can buy a very cheap plug in adapter that simply kills one side of the circuit. I don't know what your receptacles look like though. Our use is to use it when you want to use a 120V gas stove as opposed to electric. That said id you are 50Hz I don't know what effect that would have

I’ve messaged the manufacturer however in another forum they tell me I can swap the leads it’s a standard pc monitor cable
 
Just updating everyone here’s the letter from the manufacturer

"Hey Darren.

According to the lighting manufacturer, the fixtures can be used in Australia with the AU plug. The power cords for the fixtures are separate from the fixture itself so you would need to replace the supplied power cords with the AU equivalent.
The fixtures are voltage rated at 100~240vAC.
I hope that helps.

Thanks for reaching out!"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new