Changing Salt

Saurabhdxb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
I have been using Red Sea Pro salt in my tanks, its now soon gng to finish and i had earlier half a bucket of aquaforest reef salt
My Question is:
1- Can i change the salt mix?
If yes,
2- Can i change it with my twice weekly water changes?

This is just to use the my balance aquaforest reef salt, but one finished i wish to move back to my Red sea Salt.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup no problem at all. Just start using the new salt mix with your water changes and it’ll be fine. That’ll give everything time to adapt to any slight changes in levels.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,
I have been using Red Sea Pro salt in my tanks, its now soon gng to finish and i had earlier half a bucket of aquaforest reef salt
My Question is:
1- Can i change the salt mix?
If yes,
2- Can i change it with my twice weekly water changes?

This is just to use the my balance aquaforest reef salt, but one finished i wish to move back to my Red sea Salt.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.
You can change salts. I believe the difference in elemental values won’t shock anything. However the RS pro salt runs at a much higher alk than other salts, so since you’re doing twice weekly water changes, I’d imagine your alk would be high if demand is low. Or conversely, if your alk demand is high, you may need to dose if not already doing so. So just keep that in mind when changing over and be sure to test before and after.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just add a small amount of the aqua forest to each batch of saltwater until you’ve used it all up.

As already said Coral Pro has much higher parameters but if you stick to small amounts of aqua forest it won’t make much difference

This is what I did when I switched from coral pro to the standard Red Sea salt to just use it up, but your sticking with coral pro

OP
OP
Saurabhdxb

Saurabhdxb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just add a small amount of the aqua forest to each batch of saltwater until you’ve used it all up.

As already said Coral Pro has much higher parameters but if you stick to small amounts of aqua forest it won’t make much difference

This is what I did when I switched from coral pro to the standard Red Sea salt to just use it up, but your sticking with coral pro
if i understand correct, you mean to say tht if i use 3 cubs of Coral Pro to mk the water, i shall use 2 cups of Coral Pro and 1 cup aqua forest

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i understand correct, you mean to say tht if i use 3 cubs of Coral Pro to mk the water, i shall use 2 cups of Coral Pro and 1 cup aqua forest
Yes or even less, your just trying to avoid wasting the aqua forest so whether is takes a month or 2 months to use up it doesn’t matter. I would probably go for around 10-15% aqua forest and then it will have little impact on the parameters

OP
OP
Saurabhdxb

Saurabhdxb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes or even less, your just trying to avoid wasting the aqua forest so whether is takes a month or 2 months to use up it doesn’t matter. I would probably go for around 10-15% aqua forest and then it will have little impact on the parameters
Thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back