Charge for UPS store Pickup????

Ultimateaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since when does UPS charge $2 for a package to be held for pickup? I show up to pick up some corals and they tell me I owe them $2???? That's not a lot of money, but what rip. I'll use Fedex just because of this. I told they guy that too. A decent shipping company with good customer focus could put both major companies out of business.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was concerned about having them hold the package for you, its not an option that I could find on there site so I made sure to write it on the box. I cant believe that they charged you 2.00 to hold the package, I have never heard of such a thing.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pick mine up from a hub, that explains the no charge...and not to jinx myself but ever since i switched to UPS I haven't had a single delayed packaged whereas FedEx delayed packages about 40% of the time

OP
OP
U

Ultimateaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was concerned about having them hold the package for you, its not an option that I could find on there site so I made sure to write it on the box. I cant believe that they charged you 2.00 to hold the package, I have never heard of such a thing.

Everything looked great by the way. I wish everybody would put holes above their heat packs so they get enough air to stay warm. Your heat pack was nice and warm..so was the water.

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys know that UPS stores are independently owned right? Store to store they don't have to charge the same amount.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear! Just those two holes make the heat packs work longer than they are actually suppose to.
Thanks again!

Everything looked great by the way. I wish everybody would put holes above their heat packs so they get enough air to stay warm. Your heat pack was nice and warm..so was the water.

OP
OP
U

Ultimateaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys know that UPS stores are independently owned right? Store to store they don't have to charge the same amount.

I figured as much. It's still nuts to charge me $2 to sit a box on their shelf for a few minutes.

Does Fedex charge anybody this fee? I don't pay it with the Fedex Kinko's here.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back